• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted Greetly's Guide Application #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greetly

Guide
Guide
Credits
XP
Minecraft Username : Greetly
Date Joined : 19 April 2019
What country are from / What time do you usually play online: United Kingdom, any time from 9-9 BST
Are you regularly on our voice communication? Semi-regularly
Do you talk on our voice communication?
Yes

Why would you like to be a Guide? This is my 2nd application, so most of my reasoning is the same as before. I like helping new players with tours and FAQs. Hosting tours is a great way to meet new people and get more people involved in the server.
What makes a great Guide according to you? Someone who is friendly, and an active player in the community. I am Someone who is aware on Tolkien lore as well as server lore.
What are your strengths and weaknesses in relation to the Guide role? I am involved in the server, trying to stay active and hopefully being a guide will keep me on the server for extended periods of time. I know many people on the server and am quite well read around Tolkien lore, server lore, and roles etc. My weaknesses are probably my nervousness on tours (as seen on previous trial tours) however being given the tour badge has let me run tours with members of the community as well as on my own, which has built my confidence. I am semi-confident in Geography so this is something I can bring to the tours.
What experience have you had on MCME? I began to be more active on MCME in 2021, running some Paths of the Dead tours as an adventurer. I have been on the server for quite a while so I know a few people. I have been on some jobs as well as attending events such as the Summer events and survival. I have helped in commoner projects, Erebor, Pall Mall (still ongoing trust me), and Tol Sirion. I am trying to be more active in the voice channels so I can get to know more people personally and become more involved in the community.

Hey Greetly,

Good to see you haven't lost interest! However, the Guides have noticed an alarming drop in your activity during the month of September. As we discussed in Discord, your application will be under review until you increase your activity- once we've noticed a significant improvement, we'll discuss your application further and decide whether you'll carry out a trial period. For now, if you have any questions, feel free to ask @Smaug_Niphredil, @Givet10_, any of the Guides, or myself.

Hello again Greetly,

Glad you've improved your activity! The Guides have discussed your application and we have decided that we would like to see a trial tour from you. After this tour you may be asked to complete a trial period. This tour should be of one or more locations on the map and you should use Discord for the tour. The tour should also be no longer than 40 minutes. Please message me on Discord to arrange a time for your tour. As always, if you have any questions or need advice, feel free to ask Smaug, Givet, any of the Guides, or myself.

Hello @Greetly

As we talked about after your trial tour yesterday, you have got a trial period. This period will go onto 18 November, when you will need to do another trial tour at the end. Good luck and remember to keep your application up to date. If you need anything, then let us know!

Hi everyone, thanks to everyone who attended my trial tour on 18/09, here is a great screenshot by Firefly.

Attachments

• Greetly_tour.jpg
    Greetly_tour.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 143
Status
Not open for further replies.