• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted Haldir's Guide Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haldir_123

Slab Fanatic
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
Minecraft Username : Haldir_123
Date Joined : 26 April 2016
What country are from / What time do you usually play online: Germany, around the evening
Are you regularly on our voice communication? Yes
Do you talk on our voice communication? Nearly always
Why would you like to be a Guide? I would love to have more ways to contribute more in the Community and I am glad that there are other ways to take part on the server than building because that is not my strong-suit. Over time I noticed how important it is to get early contact to adventures and build connections for them to stay on the server and I think I am quite good at it. I think I have a decent Lore knowledge but will look up additional lore while preparing Tours
What makes a great Guide according to you? A good Guide is a person well known to the community and a good knowledge about many Places, of course expanding over time. I don't think that a good Guide don't need to shine in every aspect, I think its good to have Guides with different focuses like Minigames, Lore, just hanging out and helping Adventures etc. For example I see me having a focus more on Lore tours, helping Adventures, and managing Races and less on doing PVP because I think there are already enough Guides running PVP so I don't need to focus on that. ( I have no problem with Running PVP if no one is online, it just won't be my focus)

Hey @Haldir_123

Thank you for applying for the rank of Guide.

We are in the process of reviewing your application and discussing it. You may be asked to carry out a trial period. This includes running minigames, tours, it events, some of which will be expected to be ran through voice chat on discord.

We'll get back to you soon. For now, if you have any other queries, please direct them towards myself, or any of the current guides.

Hi @Haldir_123

Your application has been discussed and you will be given a 1 month trial period. However, before the trial period starts you must complete a trial tour so we can see how you improve during the process.

After completing the first trial tour, you will have 1 month to demonstrate to us why you would be a good Guide. You have been given the tours badge and minigames badge if you don't have them already. I recommend looking through the minigames manual and the guide manual on how to do stuff.

As per the application guidelines, it's up to you to keep this post updated. Whenever you do a tour, minigame, event or so on, it's up to you to let us know in here and here only. This is the only place we will look at for progress on your application, we won't check anywhere else!

At some point during your period, you will be expected to complete another trial tour as well. Once again, it's up to you to let us know the details of that, specifically the date and time you'd like to do it and where you'd like it to take place. We won't prompt you to complete one, yet it's detrimental to the success of your application. It can be whenever you want, so long as you communicate your ideas over to us!

We'll support you through it. If there's anything you want announcing, in #alerts or #news, let us know in here. If there's anything you'd like the Guides explicitly to be at, then once again say it down below. We'll keep you updated from time to time, with feedback or updates regarding your application.

So over to you, please get in contact with me to organise your first trial tour. Also, please note that trial tours will be limited to no longer than 40 minutes.

Best of luck, and we'll see you soon.

Ran today my first trial-tour. Starting at Farmer Maggots farm we visited many places from the books which are missing in the movies. We came through Frodo's new house in Crickhollow and ventured through the old forest visiting the old man willow and Tom Bombadil's house. The Tour ended in the barrowdowns where we found our way through the great barrow. Sadly I forgot to take a screenshot of the enormus amount of visitors so this placeholder picture of the barrowdowns must do it...
2021-01-20_21.23.12.png

Showed a group of adventurers and commoners through moria while having discussions about basically everything, later on we also visited some of the lesser known places and than hung around in the voicechat and just talked about the server, german movie and book translations and why you should donate to the server, was really fun and were a good spend 1,5 h ;D

Today I started with showing some adventures through moria. Later I tried around with orientation runs where the race started at /to random and only the end was given so you had to figure out where you are, which got far more interesting and also harder because dynmap is down. Later I ran some normal races with one going through Paths of the dead. Since many got lost there and asked if I can show them the route I ran a spontaneous tour with an surprising amount of participants through the paths of the dead ending on the stone of erech
2021-01-23_02.03.12.png

Today I started to update the racelist with nelman and gizid. The plan is to check which races are run-able and to fix the broken races if possible. Also I want to test every race to see how long they are and if they are fun or not to make later a list with 'races worth to run' and also the possibility to filter the races for different stuff like length, checkpoints yes or no, area ....
The start was already productive and now at least 5 broken races are run-able again!
Suddenly I got asked if I want to join a group tour with Melkor_Belegurth, HoverKing and HyperNinja. So I did a part on the tour where I talked about Cardolan and the barrow downs
1611443566420.png

Yesterday I spend a lot time with fixing broken races and test-running them with a lot of people.
2021-01-24_17.32.25.png

Later I joined Llama on a shire tour where we visited many of the smaller and lesser known Villages and farms but also bagend, crickhollow and the three-farthing-stone

Today my song event happened and it surpassed all my expectations. We were around 20 people for most of the time and had many stunning songs to hear! I will 100% do another Song event in a month so everyone can already start practising more Tolkien songs and poems!!! Thx for everyone participating!!!
2021-01-30_16.14.42.png
2021-01-30_16.15.45.png
2021-01-30_16.16.13.png
2021-01-30_16.16.20.png
2021-01-30_16.19.10.png
2021-01-30_16.19.14.png

Today my song event happened and it surpassed all my expectations. We were around 20 people for most of the time and had many stunning songs to hear! I will 100% do another Song event in a month so everyone can already start practising more Tolkien songs and poems!!! Thx for everyone participating!!!
View attachment 21483View attachment 21484View attachment 21485View attachment 21486View attachment 21487View attachment 21488
Great Event! Wholesome and Fun!!

Today I did an ultimate mazes tour were we visited the great barrow, minas tirith sewers and the paths of the dead while talking casually about different stuff.
Also I found the best Tour-hat where everyone sees you all the time ;D

2021-01-31_17.50.22.png

Today I joined HyperNinjas Tour and later did some races and a lot of quizzes with a surprising amount of people. Also I did Posters for events which I will post here when the events are properly announced

Today I did some blender render for different Projects and since some of my old renders are now annonced I can share them ;D
Iru4.png

Also I did an quite long tour where people on the tour could choose places to visit and it was a really enjoyable voicechat. First we visited Isengard, from there we went to Anuminas and Lorien. Last but not least we went to Moria and visited everything important between west and east gate.
2021-02-07_00.43.38.png

Status
Not open for further replies.