• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Help with Minecraft server issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BevsForBros

Slab Fanatic
Supporter
Credits
XP
So the past few days I have running a server working on the adventure map. Everything goes fine until today when it suddenly won't work. Wanted to see if anyone had any idea why this weird problem is occurring.

Yesterday, everything runs fine. In the server.txt file I have the IP, map file name, and everything else typed in (I'm using Hamachi). When I try and load up the server, I can tell before running Minecraft it won't work. If I try and connect, it sits at the loading screen for 20 seconds then says Timed Out.

The weird part is when I just load a random generated map using the "world" folder the server works perfectly fine. It's as soon as I switch to run the adventure map save that the server won't run.

Because of this, I know literally everything else is correct, from the MC version to the server settings. The worst part is it was working a day ago, and between that time and now I didn't touch a single thing. I have no idea what the problem could be and I would guess no one else would know either, but I figured I would post anyway in case anyone here is good with running MC servers.

Just looked in the log file and I found the issue, thanks dags! I didn't know that was there. Can lock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.