• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

House of Tarannon Falastur

considering the sits in the direct raiding route of the corsairs. it would be reasonable to assume the house would sit atop the cliff edge of the isle for security and safety. (stay with me fin) and to satisfy the arches deep in the water. have a small stone port/guard/gatehouse situated half on the island and half over the water built on deep arches.

The problem with this, and any rocky concept is much more a geographical one: The mouths of the Anduin seem to be a typical delta, which is when a river splits into multiple small streams before it enters the sea. This happens at spots where there are not that much tides, and the river flows really slowly when it enters the sea. Then it deponits the sand and small gravel that it carried with itself in that area, so these islands should all be flat and made out of sand and gravel mostly (ofc as this is a slow process, it can be well grasscovered). But its definitely not a spot where you would see cliffs.
More information if you're into such things: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_delta

The problem with this, and any rocky concept is much more a geographical one: The mouths of the Anduin seem to be a typical delta, which is when a river splits into multiple small streams before it enters the sea. This happens at spots where there are not that much tides, and the river flows really slowly when it enters the sea. Then it deponits the sand and small gravel that it carried with itself in that area, so these islands should all be flat and made out of sand and gravel mostly (ofc as this is a slow process, it can be well grasscovered). But its definitely not a spot where you would see cliffs.
More information if you're into such things: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_delta

ahh of course, i should of realised it's a delta, my bad.

Tried it with Bombur before, so now I am confused as on my screen I see words nobody else seems to see

"the house that Tarannon built below Pelargir 'upon arches whose feet stood deep in the wide waters of Ethir Anduin"
So basically it in the middle of the Anduin

the house that Tarannon built below Pelargir

Tokien gateway says "in Pelargir"
Tarannon Falastur - Tolkien Gateway
I think that came up earlier. Someone found the quote from the book and it never actually said in Pelargir - that was a misinterpretation by Tolkien Gateway.

But, even if Tolkien Gateway is correct, the palace in Pelargir was originally built with the intention of being Tarannon Falastur's house.

@Glov here's the original quote:
Unfinished Tales - Part 4 - Ch 2 - The Istari: Notes - Note 7 said:
Queen Berúthiel... was the nefarious, solitary, and loveless wife of Tarannon, twelfth King of Gondor..., who... was the first childless king.... Berúthiel lived in the King's House in Osgiliath, hating the sounds and smells of the sea and the house that Tarannon built below Pelargir 'upon arches whose feet stood deep in the wide waters of Ethir Anduin';... and the gardens of the house in Osgiliath were filled with tormented sculptures beneath cypresses and yews... King Tarannon had her set on a ship alone with her cats and set adrift on the sea before a north wind. The ship was last seen flying past Umbar under a sickle moon....