• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted HyprNinja's Guide Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

HyprNinja

Builds diagonally
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
Minecraft Username: HyprNinja

Date Joined: 28 July 2019

What country are you from? / When do you play? I am from the USA and normally play during American afternoon and night.

Are you regularly on our voice communication? Yes

Do you talk on our voice communication? Yes

Why would you like to be a Guide? I would like to be a Guide because MCME has done a lot for me in the time I've been on, and I would like to be able give back to it in some way. Also, there are very few team members, much less Guides, during American nights and evenings. Having more team members, and Guides especially, could very much help the server out during such times by being able to do tours and events at a time when such things rarely happen. It could definitely encourage players who only come during that time to continue coming back.

What makes a great Guide according to you? I think a Guide should be some one well known in the community and actively assist them. They should be able to run active and fun tours and events. Their tours shouldn't just be the Guide talking for an hour about Tolkien's lore. It should be fun and interactive and show that the Guide cares about and wants to better know the community. One of the most important qualities that I think a Guide should have, is being able to help people. Not just answering Adventurers questions, but being able to assist members of the community to achieve higher ranks. They should be able to know at least some Tolkien lore and server lore, and have the capacity to be consistently learning more about the world. Guides should be expanding the community, helping that community, and keeping the community active and engaged.

Hi @HyprNinja

Your application has been discussed and you will be given a 1 month trial period. However, before the trial period starts you must complete a trial tour so we can see how you improve during the process.

After completing the first trial tour, you will have 1 month to demonstrate to us why you would be a good Guide. You have been given the tours badge and minigames badge if you don't have them already. I recommend looking through the minigames manual and the guide manual on how to do stuff.

As per the application guidelines, it's up to you to keep this post updated. Whenever you do a tour, minigame, event or so on, it's up to you to let us know in here and here only. This is the only place we will look at for progress on your application, we won't check anywhere else!

At some point during your period, you will be expected to complete another trial tour as well. Once again, it's up to you to let us know the details of that, specifically the date and time you'd like to do it and where you'd like it to take place. We won't prompt you to complete one, yet it's detrimental to the success of your application. It can be whenever you want, so long as you communicate your ideas over to us!

We'll support you through it. If there's anything you want announcing, in #alerts or #news, let us know in here. If there's anything you'd like the Guides explicitly to be at, then once again say it down below. We'll keep you updated from time to time, with feedback or updates regarding your application.

So over to you, please get in contact with me to organise your first trial tour. Also, please note that trial tours will be limited to no longer than 40 minutes.

Best of luck, and we'll see you soon.

Ran some hide and seek in mershy mines for bout 30min.
2021-01-13_15.37.03.png

Ran a tour of some under appreciated cities. We started in Eriador with Fennas Drunin. Next, jumped out way south going to Aldburg. Then moving east to Dol Caranthan, visiting the glorious Smaug shrine seen below. Finally, we continued on to the point of Belfalas, where we had a class about q@r0ts in Methrast.

2021-01-20_13.30.52.png

Last edited:
Ran a tour covering the history of Arnor and the sister kingdoms stemming from Arnor along with HoverKing, Haldir, and Melkor. We started with Arnor in Annuminas. Next we moved on to Rhudaur going to Weathertop. Third, we talked about Cardolan and the Barrow Downs. Finally, we finished with Arthedain in Fornost. Tour lasted for around and hour and a half. Then preceded to run some races for another 30 min.

Annuminas
2021-01-23_23.14.23.png

Weathertop
2021-01-23_23.25.41.png

The Barrow Downs
2021-01-23_23.59.22.png

Fornost
2021-01-23_15.51.54.png

Did a lore quiz about the Lord of the Rings books. I'm glad I finally figured out how these work and look foreword to running more of them because they aren't run very often, and I find them lots of fun. Many thanks to Haldir for carrying it on after I had to leave.

2021-01-25_17.53.59.png

I conducted a race from paths of the dead to Pelargir while we waited for Effie's internet to work again so we could continue her job.
2021-01-27_14.55.26.png

Conducted a tour with some help from Llama going from Linhir along the coast of the Bay of Belfalas to Methrast, featuring places such as Greymane, Silverbay, and Windmaw. We really need to do something about Llama's AFK addiction.
2021-01-28_16.30.10.png

Ran a couple races through Moria, the tried to run some hide and seek at Mount Gram, but discovered neither races or hide and seek work on main world for me. :(

2021-01-29_16.35.22.png

Lead a handful of adventurers through the Paths of the Dead, then toured Minas Aduial and the surrounding countryside for those who didn't want to continue following the footprints. Did not occur to me to get a screenshot until after they had all left.

Did a rerun of the lesser known cities tour, but then unfortunately lost the screenshot I took for it. But also did a quick quiz later.
2021-01-31_16.10.05.png

Lead a tour, numbers ranging from 1-6 of adventurers and commoners, for over 2 hours starting at Moria and following the fellowship's path all the way to Helm's Deep.
2021-02-01_20.22.55.png

Helped Haldir out a bit on his tour by going over Marble Hill and Harlond, then did a quiz for a while after the tour had ended.
2021-02-02_15.52.45.png

Status
Not open for further replies.