• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

IRL Pictures

BzhjqUw
I found your picture. I just dragged the photo into a new tab.

You started with a gutted kitchen? That sounds like a tricky time to make meals. I'd be interested in seein' the before pictures.

No, I removed the old cabinets and donated them to Habitat for Humanity. Then I had to rent a jackhammer to scrape up the tile off the floor. I put down wood floors and just finished the cabinets thursday. The granite countertop is being done by a real contractor.

ISlyk5gteo81zi1000000000.jpg

This is a picture from the website that listed the house for sale. Thats what it looked like before I got to work on it.

You may think thats "nice" or "OK" but if you know anything about cabinets, they were all laminate, with formica counter tops. That is literally the CHEAPEST cabinet/counter tops you can get.... why someone put that in a $500K+ house is beyond me.

A little heads up, I spent just over $20K on the wood floors, new kitchen & appliances.. It will probably increase the value of the house on appraisal by over $60K, but whatevs

Last edited by a moderator:

Well I'm glad you kept the island, was there anything on the other side of it that we can't see in the before picture?

Personally, I really like the look of those old cabinets. If I was in your area, I'd have half a mind to go and pick them up from the Habitat =P

But I'd definitely agree with why someone is putting counter-tops like that in what seems to be an extremely nice house. Almost sounds like they started buildin' and realized they didn't have the finances to finish out the kitchen in line with the rest of the home.

How much did new flooring did you lay? It's hard to tell from the photos, but it looks like there was carpeting in that back room to the right, did you keep that or replace it as well?

I put down about 1400 square feet. The entire 1st floor with exception of the bathrooms, and laundry I did in wood. I left the stairs and 2nd floor carpet.

also yea, i got more pics from the "before"

ISpd3hm3xyi4vg1000000000.jpg

Thats looking the other way in the kitchen. Essentially its the same now, only I put larger cabinets around the fridge, and on the right side cabinets next to the fridge is built in shelving on the end of the cabinet. I'll get a pic of that.

On a side note, these pictures look OK. But I know for a fact that they used some sort of filter on their camera to make it look this way. IRL, the tile was very white, and the cabinets didnt look so good.

Those look like some really cheap counter tops. Probably a good thing you are replacing them. What will you be replacing them with instead?