• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Ithilien Texture Request

Hmmm okay - and I don't think that Novaskin has nearly enough of the features that I use in Inkscape and the GIMP. =p

Long Grass
And Screenshot. Any suggestions?
gCPYIXG.png
Seems good, want to go ahead and submit this?

When I have the opportunity to. =D

Does Ithilien need ferns? I am currently sorting out my flower submission with Scooby at the moment and the fern is about to replace flower_paeonia.png because a second grass is using the biome coloured vanilla fern spot. I could put my fern in the same space when I update the long grass (I am still changing the brightness of the texture so it matches MCME's current grass perfectly).

Also I think we should use this (which was here on the old forums) to plan out where the textures can go.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...QU1LaWt2RmFucWR3YTZNRmwwNlE&usp=sharing#gid=0

When I have the opportunity to. =D

Does Ithilien need ferns? I am currently sorting out my flower submission with Scooby at the moment and the fern is about to replace flower_paeonia.png because a second grass is using the biome coloured vanilla fern spot. I could put my fern in the same space when I update the long grass (I am still changing the brightness of the texture so it matches MCME's current grass perfectly).

Also I think we should use this (which was here on the old forums) to plan out where the textures can go.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...QU1LaWt2RmFucWR3YTZNRmwwNlE&usp=sharing#gid=0
It could very well use ferns and I trust your judgement for submitting these as you are more knowledgable/familiar in the subject then I am. If you would like to create a thread using the spreadsheet or something similar to it for each of the resource packs, I would gladly support it!

Right, so uhh, you guys may have seen the item textures document I've had flying about in terms of what's a priority, this is obviously in it's published format.
I've simply edited it and made it so you guys can now write in your suggestions where you want here.
So uhh, if you want to go forward and make suggestions here's where ^^

Sorry about the broken links - I had to make some room in Imgur. =/
Here is the newest version and what I have requested to be pulled.

Tiger Lily - flower_tulip_orange.png
Gallery. Since there was no suggestions for other species I kept it orange - it is pretty easy to change and if any of the artists here want to edit the colour scheme then that is cool. =D
hPVVl1s.png

Athelas - flower_tulip_white.png
Gallery. Does it look recognisable as Athelas? =p I had to darken the leaves a bit to get the white flowers to stand out. They might also be a bit large.
CIUKrVC.png

Long Grass - double_plant_grass_bottom.png & double_plant_grass_top.png
Gallery. A little bit lighter than the shorter grass.
lTianvb.png

New Request (which I posted in another thread but want to officially post it here):

• Acacia Wood: Currently default, wish to convert to a smooth grey bark
  • Acacia Leaves: Currently default, wish to convert to flowering leaves with two possibilities:
    • Have the leaf colors change normally with biomes
    • Have only the flowers change colors with the biome to create diversity
^Currently under construction by @MattTheLegoman

Last edited:
if you just make them little circle-y things it could work for multiple types. for example pink for myrtles and blue for junipers, since the myrtles could just have little flower buds and junipers have berries

o/ I have got some flower textures merged into the updated Gondor pack.
I need to know what is still to be added @Fireinferno13 and what we still require and if those that made the textures have any problems with them being an old draft or something silly etc.

What do I need to submit. I am not making any more textures for the foreseeable future so this will probably be my last commit in a while.

I have updates on what is just works in progress (thanks (not) for putting the works in progress in already) so anything that you did want that I created I would have to submit to GitHub myself.

What do I need to submit. I am not making any more textures for the foreseeable future so this will probably be my last commit in a while.

I have updates on what is just works in progress (thanks (not) for putting the works in progress in already) so anything that you did want that I created I would have to submit to GitHub myself.
makes me sad...:(

To clarify.
What is in the Gondor pack that you still want in there. Because I probably have an update for it.
I was only updating what was already put in the unofficial pack. I truly apologise if any of these were out of date. They're really nice regardless.
Would you mind downloading the new Gondor pack from resources and checking your textures and either tell me what ones to update or submit a pull request?
Thank you ever so much!

I have already done so and I am waiting for access to the internet so I can connect GitHub.

I am very happy that things are getting moving for the resource-packs.