• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Cancelled Jaeger0818's Application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so happy to have competed In the Mcme Build battle's It was a fantastic experience. It really Was a challenge but I am so happy to be a part of the Battle and it was fun to go around and be surrounded by creativity and some of the builds were super funny and it was so cool to see how people can take some blocks and textures and make the movies they love. but anyway I wont go on and on here are the photos and theres the proof that i did it.

(ps i did not win I Just asked if we could take a photo on my build)
once again i am back at it again i just did the build battle and since my last one was a joke (my build really sucked)(and the theme for this build battle was memes) i wanted to step it up a couple notches so i was starting on a meme and then destroyed it and i had dirt and pretty much everyone was telling me: SHREKS SWAMP. so i did i put a lot of effort into it and it turned out good.

PS the ring under the table is fionas in shrek 2 thats is here wedding ring and i meant to put a watcher in the water in there

sorry I tried and it failed?? I dont know but heres my build and mars ate to many grapes

Attachments

• 2023-03-05_14.png
    2023-03-05_14.png
    13.4 MB · Views: 131
  • 2023-03-05_14.png
    2023-03-05_14.png
    13.4 MB · Views: 126
HELLO People I am once again back here on the app with 2 major announcements. 1: I now have 6 votes and am getting close to commoner. 2: w0rldunder gave me a challenge to recreate a photo in MCME And so far that is going well. And also On my plot I added a little pointy bit

*P.S the IRL photo is the one w0rld challenged me to build*

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-09_at_11.31.32_AM.png
    Screenshot_2023-03-09_at_11.31.32_AM.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot_2023-03-09_at_11.32.56_AM.png
    Screenshot_2023-03-09_at_11.32.56_AM.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 109
  • Screenshot_2023-03-09_at_11.34.35_AM.png
    Screenshot_2023-03-09_at_11.34.35_AM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 103
  • unknown-14-1.png
    unknown-14-1.png
    10.8 MB · Views: 110
HELLO People I am once again back here on the app with 2 major announcements. 1: I now have 6 votes and am getting close to commoner. 2: w0rldunder gave me a challenge to recreate a photo in MCME And so far that is going well. And also On my plot I added a little pointy bit

*P.S the IRL photo is the one w0rld challenged me to build*
Ok Jaeger, to give some feedback on these two build: the main one would be to blockmix your builds. This means that you use different blocks within the same surface in order to make it look more interesting, unlike what you have done now with only using one kind of block. Blockmix can add depth to your builds without necessarily using more than 1 block layer and makes it look more interesting. Another aspect that can help with making your build look more interesting is adding a gradient, this makes your builds seem more weathered by the environment and creates a more realistic look. This bit of feedback would predominantly be applicable to your tower.

1678640921105.png

I have included this photo of one of my own builds so you can see how using a blockmix and a gradient can help with your builds. You can probably see that the blocks transition from dark to light grey: this is the gradient. You probably also noticed that I used several kinds of similar coloured blocks within the different shades and thus made it more interesting to look at. Employing these techniques in your builds will improve them quite a bit, though you may have to mess around with it first to get the hang of it and be sure you got a good one.

Now as to your bridge build: the tips I have given you above also apply there, but a few other things also can help with improving it. The transition from the sandstone to the red cobblestone is quite abrupt, so either make a kind of transition from the sandstone to the cobblestone by using a gradients/blockmix or (if you want to follow the real life inspiration more) add a barried of border between the two layers. Also try to add a blockmix to the terrain and the river bed and add some vegetation to it. If you look at more up to date parts of the server, so the rivers in Anorien or the updated part of the Anduin and just terrain in general, you will see we very rarely use only one block in it, just as in our buildings. The vegetation will also help give a more natural look to your rivers and make them come more alive. As to the arch of the bridge, try to make it a bit more rounder. I can see you have used the sandstone archway blocks, but those don't really lend themselves well to an arch bigger than 3 blocks wide, so you best use our older technique of using blocks, stair, slabs and half slabs here. You can find examples of this in severasl bridges on mainworld and well as on the photo I posted above, where the gateway uses this technique.

I hope this feedback helps you in further developing your build skills!

Last edited:
Thank you for your advice I will take it to heart
and do what you said. Also when I get the main build,terrain,etc I will add finer details. I am exited to start exploring the map more and seeing this in use. I have also realized that maybe when I joined MCME I should have gotten commoner first And that I was a little bit to determined To climb the ranks. And I am so close I have gained 6 votes. I will be messing around a lot more with the techniques and stuff. also congrats the xXthe12Xx

Last edited:
Again I am back On this application.Happy to announce that I have been in a tour led by our one and only tidc in Paths of the dead It was a lot of fun and I learned something about it and I took(haha get it perigrin took) some screen-shots(i will put below) I was amazed on how much effort was put into that build and I laughed along the way

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-15_at_1.30.45_PM.png
    Screenshot_2023-03-15_at_1.30.45_PM.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 85
  • Screenshot_2023-03-15_at_1.28.06_PM.png
    Screenshot_2023-03-15_at_1.28.06_PM.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 78
  • 2023-03-15_22.31.16.png
    2023-03-15_22.31.16.png
    945.7 KB · Views: 99
Again I am back On this application.Happy to announce that I have been in a tour led by our one and only tidc in Paths of the dead It was a lot of fun and I learned something about it and I took(haha get it perigrin took) some screen-shots(i will put below) I was amazed on how much effort was put into that build and I laughed along the way
We're glad that you're liking events on MCME. Though, this is an Artist application, not a future Guide application. We would rather have you update us with images of things you built in our resource pack than you would give us screenshots of tours or events which were made by other people.

Your Goal:
- Build many things in our resource pack
- Understand how we build and how our resource pack works
- Learn how to blockmix and to make gradients
- Learn how vegetation works
- Look up reference images of what you want to build
- ONLY update us with build related things in which you were an active participant

Let's try to focus on your objective with this application, which I assume is to become an Artist someday.
Try to cut out all the irrelevant things, they are not useful for any kind of assessment.

We're glad that you're liking events on MCME. Though, this is an Artist application, not a future Guide application. We would rather have you update us with images of things you built in our resource pack than you would give us screenshots of tours or events which were made by other people.

Your Goal:
- ONLY update us with build related things in which you were an active participant

Let's try to focus on your objective with this application, which I assume is to become an Artist someday.
Try to cut out all the irrelevant things, they are not useful for any kind of assessment.
I don't have a problem with these kind of updates :p

Your Goal:

Ok Dokey Thank you for again stopping me from getting distracted I will do that I only have to do 2 of those things so far cause i have the rest down pat Which those 2 things are: vegetation and gradients last work on my plot was terrain i have a couple more terrain thingy related builds to make Other than that I am going to then turn my focus to vegetation and gradients/blockmix and then fixing up the finer details and fix that giant block in the sky

Ok Jaeger, to give some feedback on these two build: the main one would be to blockmix your builds. This means that you use different blocks within the same surface in order to make it look more interesting, unlike what you have done now with only using one kind of block. Blockmix can add depth to your builds without necessarily using more than 1 block layer and makes it look more interesting. Another aspect that can help with making your build look more interesting is adding a gradient, this makes your builds seem more weathered by the environment and creates a more realistic look. This bit of feedback would predominantly be applicable to your tower.

View attachment 26794
I have included this photo of one of my own builds so you can see how using a blockmix and a gradient can help with your builds. You can probably see that the blocks transition from dark to light grey: this is the gradient. You probably also noticed that I used several kinds of similar coloured blocks within the different shades and thus made it more interesting to look at. Employing these techniques in your builds will improve them quite a bit, though you may have to mess around with it first to get the hang of it and be sure you got a good one.

Now as to your bridge build: the tips I have given you above also apply there, but a few other things also can help with improving it. The transition from the sandstone to the red cobblestone is quite abrupt, so either make a kind of transition from the sandstone to the cobblestone by using a gradients/blockmix or (if you want to follow the real life inspiration more) add a barried of border between the two layers. Also try to add a blockmix to the terrain and the river bed and add some vegetation to it. If you look at more up to date parts of the server, so the rivers in Anorien or the updated part of the Anduin and just terrain in general, you will see we very rarely use only one block in it, just as in our buildings. The vegetation will also help give a more natural look to your rivers and make them come more alive. As to the arch of the bridge, try to make it a bit more rounder. I can see you have used the sandstone archway blocks, but those don't really lend themselves well to an arch bigger than 3 blocks wide, so you best use our older technique of using blocks, stair, slabs and half slabs here. You can find examples of this in severasl bridges on mainworld and well as on the photo I posted above, where the gateway uses this technique.

I hope this feedback helps you in further developing your build skills!
mf i thought jaeger made this for a sec

Hello Mods or anyone else I am exited to once again Write th... (Wait a minute Im gonna miss writing these Ehh ill figure something out)
that I have Gotten some progress on my plot You could say its Up to new heights (ehh ehh?) I have been experimenting On cliff-sides and have one in my plot and im probably going to Get rid of it soon (I dont have A screen-shot yet Im having technical issues) And Im going to spend a minute debating whether to /clear or something else my plot mostly was just To mess around with the blocks ( I have to have SOME Fun Right?) but Messing with the blocks and building styles are something I have to do And I am now comfortable building with other RP's so im exited

Hello I have done the road job it was a challenge and I deffinetly taught me how to use gradients i have photos somewhere Ah here they are
(yes theres a egg on my head)
And I now have 7 votes Thanks to whoever Voted for me

Attachments

• 2023-04-03_20.32.13.png
    2023-04-03_20.32.13.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 109
Last edited:
I'M BACK. since I took a break I am fresh and ready, I took a break To try and gather as much Information about building as i could, I have learned everything i need to I have token a deep look Into The construction of Mcme And I have a good idea of how to Build It. I know how to use gradient And make detailed buildings as well as Detailed Buildings,Towers,Nature,plants,earth,armor stands and stuff along that matter. And i have been working on my plot a fair bit I have added a dungeon as well as a river and some plants.

I Apologize for My absence, I have Updated my plot a Good Bit, Im also building On freebuild yay! But anyway to the point I have updated My plot with Some smooth landscaping, and for that Monstrosity In the sky that will be Leaving soon I have Been adding more gradient to my build's And thats all to report for now :)

As you see in these images is Some landscaping and stone work, I also added another cave On the other side of my river, If your asking what's with the river Its like a drained out desolate river-bed, The tower and encampment is still there, There's also a Commander tent farther from the camp that was Simple in design yet adds some story and depth into my build, same thing with The bridge on the second image its broken half-way so it allows some story to leak through And to show that it was touched by human's Just left for a while to let nature imprint on it plus the plot isn't that big, I also have the hills creeping behind the Tents to emphasize that its sort of a mountain-y place where they set camp.

If any questions need to be answered Message me!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-08-27_at_12.06.10_PM.png
    Screenshot_2023-08-27_at_12.06.10_PM.png
    6.8 MB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_2023-08-27_at_10.56.47_AM.png
    Screenshot_2023-08-27_at_10.56.47_AM.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_2023-08-27_at_11.05.47_AM.png
    Screenshot_2023-08-27_at_11.05.47_AM.png
    11.6 MB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot_2023-08-27_at_10.56.57_AM.png
    Screenshot_2023-08-27_at_10.56.57_AM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 64
Ey waddup, big fan here, I recommend for you to try some styles which are currently getting built on the server, Anorien still holds up or dwarfen stuff, maybe some Agar Udul or Gladden fields styles could be interesting as well, show some more understanding of the styles we have and not stuff which is technically done with the mcme rp but has no relation to any running project whatsoever, Wyat could provide some chances for you in the near future, although plots are running out these days, world already offered his help, stay active and join jobs or do plots, best way to get to know some of the builders a bit more and get useful tips while building.

- Daom

Hello Jaegar, we are deciding to cancel your app and will give you a cooldown of 6 months to reapply. There are a number of reasons including:
  • Not updating your app with sufficient builds or progress
  • Not listening to instructions when given something to build (e.g. Wyattrox plot in Moria)
  • Actively posting messages about why you are not being promoted (Practically guilt tripping/inappropriate)
  • How you present yourself over discord (This mainly links to the point above)
We feel that you need some time to re evaluate and re read everything there is about being an artist through the relevant guides on the forums. Happy for you to reapply and come back after this cooldown period with some fresh new builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.