• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Cancelled KinkyMorgoth Artist Application

KinkySauron

Yellow Flower Puncher
Credits
XP
Hello :)

Date:
Sometime in late 2016 or early 2017

Jobs:

-2 Small House ruinings in Moria (don't remember who the foreman was who led this)
-Vegetation in Belfalas (Darki)
-Medium House in Ironmere (Darki)
-Rivers in the Misty Mountains (Barteldvn)
-Terrain Plot in Misty Mountains (don't remember who led this, maybe bart)
Images for all of these

Themebuild:
Old Mill Themebuild (X 3690 Z 47417) last updated 5/20/2020
I had the image of an old groundskeeper who manages this plot of land (the small hut is his home) and a market which is visited for a festival with a watchtower for the groundkeeper to keep watch.
Theme Build images

A survival city I built this month -
link

2 modern houses -
link to images

My Interests -
-My two favorite type of styles that are relevant are Dwarven and Gondorian. I love building hobbit holes/medievel style (bree) homes, but those aren't really relevant right now.
-Aside from LotR, I enjoy building rustic and medieval housing, but recently decided to learn how modern builds work as well.

My Motivation -
Really I'm not the most amazing builder in the world, many on the server are better than me but I think becoming an artist will allow me to improve my building while also contributing to the completion of builds (maybe we can finish middle earth in my lifetime :D) I would also like to be able to contribute to the server without the need for a foreman to run jobs. A lot of time designers have things they need help with that aren't simple enough to just make into a mass job and I think I can contribute to those sort of projects.

Cheers lads :D

Did some vegetation/ruining in Osgiliath (project lead FoolHardyFish)

2020-05-21_14.49.30.png
2020-05-21_14.49.41.png
2020-05-21_14.49.36.png

Hey @KinkySauron Thank you for applying for Artist!

It's up to you to keep updating this application. I will check in from time to time and give feedback when I think it's needed. This thread might help you as well.

Good luck!

Osgiliath house:
- Make sure to put any veg only on dirt or grass. The only thing you should put on stone is the wheat stages 1 and 2.
- No need to randomly spam mossy cobblestone all over the place. (same for the gravel)
- Group your flowers, make little clumps of the same type instead of using many different ones randomly.
- Add more dirt and grass to your bottem floor and make it more flat, instead of having random piles and holes everywhere. (try to get bigger shapes (eg. big pile or big hole))
- Bit too many random vines.

My artist application is still active, but I decided to indulge in a mini-city project with the ports theme build so I won't be posting many (or maybe any) updates to the application for a few weeks.

Attachments

• 2020-06-01_18.40.21.png
    2020-06-01_18.40.21.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 154