• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Large Scale Events in MCME

CapColdblood

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
After 10 years of continuous work, Middle Earth is finally beginning to take shape. Most of Eriador has been completed and Rohan, Orthanc and Helm's Deep are fully operational. Gondor has seen massive improvements, and the ruined city of Osgiliath is soon to be rebuilt. Even the ghostly fortress of Minas Morgul stands tall and proud!

But with these advancements comes a question: What is the best way to utilize this territory? It's all very vast and expansive, so what is a new way that people could enjoy the world without flying over everything? What's a way to make all those settlements useful beyond just being there to gawk in amazement at the hard work put into them?

I believe I have the perfect solution for this that utilizes the PVP Server: a Faction War. This is not a continuous event, but rather a temporary event that could occur from anywhere from just a few hours to a full 24 hour day. Staff would organize a day and time that it would start and move from there.

The location of the war would be chosen beforehand by the staff and each team would start in a certain place. For example, a war over Rohan would have one team, the Uruks, start in Orthanc and the other, the Rohirrim, start in Edoras at the Golden Hall. This would be the respawn point for each Faction, and each settlement that the Faction captures becomes a Command Post that the fallen players can warp to after they die and respawn (Sound familiar, Battlefront players?)

Players would be asked to sign up for this Faction War ahead of time, maybe over a week in advance, and be assigned to a team. The teams would elect their own leaders and assign different roles. A few players who offer themselves for inspection could be designated as Archers, some as Fighters, and others as Cartographers who keep a copy of the World Map for strategic analysis. Each player has a role to play in the coming conflict!

Each settlement would be worth a number of points. For example, the small camp at Dunharrow may only be worth about 10 points, but a fortress like Helm's Deep would be 25 or 30 points. The goal is to make capturing the bigger places worth more points, but not worth so much that other captures are not important. This encourages strategic thought and planning and allows tactics to change based on the balance of power in the region.

Many details would need to be discussed and many rules ironed out, but I believe this could be a fun event for the server to develop and implement. This would reward the people who've worked so hard on this recreation of Middle Earth by making everything they've ever built an extremely important piece of strategic property. Everything from Linhir to Michel Delving can be the key to victory!

Please leave your comments below and let me know what you think of this idea, as well as any questions you have so I can better clarify elements of this idea!

I love it, But we would have to have a Fence or something around to make sure like if its a last man standing they would end up in minas tirith when there supposed to be fighting in helms deep but I would totally play it and we would need at least 50 players each side to make it more "realistic"

I love it, But we would have to have a Fence or something around to make sure like if its a last man standing they would end up in minas tirith when there supposed to be fighting in helms deep but I would totally play it and we would need at least 50 players each side to make it more "realistic"

Unfortunately an Event this big isn't really plausible especially after the first post as since Covid people have less time to be on the server. So trying to get 50 people per team to join in for an event will be hard as most major events don't get much more than 20 people actually participating. As an idea it would be cool but only really possible as a Pvp map.