• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Leftover winter event stuff?

MaDIIReD

One Of Us, One of Us
Commoner
Credits
XP
Heya everybody,

RuHNIEJ.png

As you can see above I found an old winter event sign hidden in a house in the shire. I was wondering if anyone remembers the event and if there were any more (it seems likely) so we can check if the others have been removed.

Thanks,
MaD

That must be from the Christmas 2013 events, because last year's events all took place on a special server. (I would know sense I help run last year's events and just checked the archived documents.) I vaguely remember they were part of a scavenger hunt of sorts, but I don't remember any details.

Alright, it's been a while so bare with me. As far as my memory serves me there is one in Gamwich I think on the house on the right side of the road as you enter the town.

If it's not Gamwich I could check out the dynamap providing the old map is still on it to find out which town it was.

This was about 1 1/2 years ago when I seen this sign so it may very well be gone.

I seem to recall that it was a scavenger hunt type thing where you had to find hobbit family names, which would seem to imply they were just in shire villages but don't take my word for it.