• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Letter of Resignation

~:~ Letter of Resignation ~:~

Good day MCME. What a time it has been! Today, I am announcing my resignation from the rank of Head Builder and also of my soon departure of the server altogether. I joined this server just under three years ago and wow… it has gone by so fast.

This community will always remain special to me. MCME is such a unique community. What makes this place most special and different from any other community is the strength of the community. No other server spends the amount of time we do to improve other’s building skill. No other building community has such a solid non-building framework to host events, run minigames and etc. No other group of people, that I know of, spends so much time in growing the community through one on one interactions.

Why am I leaving? The short answer is I do not have enough time that is required for the role of Head Builder, and I am taking more on in my personal life. If you want the lengthy answer you can find the a link below to a full document explaining not only why I am leaving, but what is happening, as well as my opinion on various things. I warn you though... it is titled as a BWOT :D

Ever since I was notified of my promotion to admin, there has been many conflicts that I have had with the community. However, I hope in the end you can all see that I was trying to help the server. Thank you for bearing with me over the last year and I wish this server the best to keep on growing and pursuing the goal of building the world of Middle Earth!

If you would like to read The BWOT Document, please click on the following link: The BWOT Document v.2

If you would like to find out about the two… yes two new Head Builders, please click on the following link: https://www.mcmiddleearth.com/threads/the-future-of-builder-leadership.5452/

Goodbye BWOT!

Ever since I joined the server you have been head builder which is still quite impressive in my mind! No matter what others think I think you did a great job as a head builder and you always did what you thought was best for MCME, even though is had its ups and downs its a hard job and im sure that not many people could have done a better job. I will miss you BWOT, we didn't meet a lot but I have had many good times with you and I hope you will be back one day!

Thanks for all this time and good luck with your personal life!

Goodbye BWOT!

Ever since I joined the server you have been head builder which is still quite impressive in my mind! No matter what others think I think you did a great job as a head builder and you always did what you thought was best for MCME, even though is had its ups and downs its a hard job and im sure that not many people could have done a better job. I will miss you BWOT, we didn't meet a lot but I have had many good times with you and I hope you will be back one day!

Thanks for all this time and good luck with your personal life!
Thank you Jona, that means a lot to me. You have stayed true with your position and never let me down. Always willing to go the extra mile and thank you for working with me, its been a pleassure.

Your efforts have been far from a Big Waste of Time, Bwot.

For as long as I've been a member of the community, there's been you and it'll be odd without you. I've always looked up to you in some weird way, and despite me having nothing to do with the builders, you've always been willing to support me, so for that I am eternally grateful.

You'll definitely go down in the history books, in particular for being so commited to the future. Dol Amroth, Moria, Mordor. All wouldn't be possible without your firm hand and commitment.

Yeah ok, you had a fairly strong habit of not seeing eye to eye with people all the time, but you've far exceeded expectation :)

Best of luck in the future Bwotty Wotty and don't be a stranger, drop in from time to time.

Until then
Farewell

I remember when you were a young foreman, your first week as one... Damn this is an end of an era.. I remember my first project I led. Middle town.. you gave me the smithies quarter and it was awesome. You will be missed indeed my friend..
Haha I remember that too mate, good times for sure, and you've grown so much in skill since then. Continue with your hard work and dedication and it will reward you.

Your efforts have been far from a Big Waste of Time, Bwot.

For as long as I've been a member of the community, there's been you and it'll be odd without you. I've always looked up to you in some weird way, and despite me having nothing to do with the builders, you've always been willing to support me, so for that I am eternally grateful.

You'll definitely go down in the history books, in particular for being so commited to the future. Dol Amroth, Moria, Mordor. All wouldn't be possible without your firm hand and commitment.

Yeah ok, you had a fairly strong habit of not seeing eye to eye with people all the time, but you've far exceeded expectation :)

Best of luck in the future Bwotty Wotty and don't be a stranger, drop in from time to time.

Until then
Farewell
Thank you very much Raffy, I am glad that I could be in the position to help the community. Your kind words mean a lot and I am happy I have left a good impression on you. I will be sure to visit every so often.

Well, it's sad to see you leave but I do understand about time. I just hope you won't leave for good. It was the same for me when I resigned from assistant rank. I was burned out and also it took too much of my time. But after a while of being away from MCME, I started to miss it and I returned. It's really about finding a ballance. Never say never :)

Good luck in life my friend, I will certainly miss you.
I remember back when I returned to MCME for good two years ago, when you still were Artist, when we built the Artist Stronghold together, when you were promoted to Foreman and then Head Designer a few weeks later, when we built the DA sewers (the second edition of them if I recall right). In my opinion your leadership has been great and I've often supported everything you've done. To me your username has always seemed like the most ironic thing ever since you got so much done. You've always been an inspiration and almost a form of idol to me and I'm sad that you are leaving now as I was looking forwards to handing in my Artist re-application to you in just over a week when my exams are over but as I know well real life has to take priority and I wish you all of the good luck in your future my friend.

It's been a while since we both were simple artists working on the artist stronghold in freebuild. I'm happy to have had you stay with the community for the following 2 years.

I'd like to thank you for the hard work you've put into making MCME the best it could be in your eyes, which is all we can ask from a head builder. I may not agree on everything you did or how you did it, but I do respect the time, effort and dedication you put into it.

You've been critized by some, for your building skills, I have to disagree with them, I think you were one of the most talented builders on MCME. Even some of your diagional houses didn't look half that bad to me.

I will keep your vision on MCME in mind, which is suprisingly similair to my own in some areas.

Keep on clapping and cheering in voice chat. ;)

You truely are a Big Waste Of Talent to MCME. (yes I'm proud of that word play)

Thank you for your time BWOT, I will forever remember our little buildbattle, and how I was really nervous about it :) I wish you good luck in your personal life, and I hope to see you on the server once again in the future.

I've known you since you were artist, and boy what a time it was building with you and watching you jump from rank to rank, always going higher and higher. In your years of service you have brought MCME only good and changed the face of the server for the better. It is really sad to see you leave but i guess other people also need your presence and help. I wish you the best of luck in life!

So long Bwotson!

We didn't know each other long but you helped me understand alot, thank you for what you've done in this community.

Well... even though I've been aware of this for a month now the shock and the sadness just hit again. Who knew BWOTs resignation would be so emotional? Here is my official message to you:

I would like to start with snippets from our first conversation (Yes I did just scroll up 1 year worth of pms to find this :p)

I will never forget how helpful you were from the beginning. How you took my enthusiasm and put it towards helping the community. How you helped me get involved and kept me going the past year. I've of course been looking up to you since the beginning and I always had a hard time understanding why people get so mad at you. I was surprised by how ready you were to invest time in explaining everything and getting me to understand MCME. I definitely learned a bunch from you. The amount of time and dedication you have put in this community alone is something to remember!

I would like to remind everyone of BWOT taking over after Finrod left 1 year ago and supporting the community at a time of hardship. I would like to remind everyone of the developments he pursued in RP development and realistic building in order to keep MCME relevant in the Minecraft building community. And I would also like to let everyone know that everything BWOT did was to ensure a better experience and a better future for every MCME member.

Your efforts will of course not be forgotten and I hope me and bart can continue the work you started. Bart put it best:
I will keep your vision on MCME in mind, which is surprisingly similar to my own in some areas.

I know you currently just want to get out but I hope, despite the negative experiences you might have had, you'll start missing us and will come back someday.
We'll definitely be missing you!
Toti

Attachments

• 1558868687759.png
    1558868687759.png
    333 KB · Views: 364