• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Resolved Lighting Bug In Freebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyliewylie

Involved Member
Credits
XP
So I had Jord move my Theme Build from the TB World to the regular freebuild world so I could have more space to expand it.
After he copied and pasted it, it seemed to be fine, but after getting off for a while, I came back to this.
EWb1JI8.png

This build has a full roof and should be completely dark.

I tried re loggig again and got nothing.
Any ideas anyone?

I'm not 100% sure but I think if you update the blocks say with a torch and remove it, it might go dark again

Ah... that worked for the goblin town themed build

Staff might be able to change the lighting levels with voxel or WE

Last edited by a moderator:
So I had Jord move my Theme Build from the TB World to the regular freebuild world so I could have more space to expand it.
After he copied and pasted it, it seemed to be fine, but after getting off for a while, I came back to this.

This is like one of those "find the differences" pictures :D My friend, you got fooled by our texture packs :p If you look at the pillars you will notice some stone blocks being strangely more brighter than the others. Those are actually glass blocks with stone textures, but even if the the texture doesn't seem so, light can go through them. So, best you switch to default texture pack and replace all stained glass blocks with normal stone.

This is like one of those "find the differences" pictures :D My friend, you got fooled by our texture packs :p If you look at the pillars you will notice some stone blocks being strangely more brighter than the others. Those are actually glass blocks with stone textures, but even if the the texture doesn't seem so, light can go through them. So, best you switch to default texture pack and replace all stained glass blocks with normal stone.

I actually used those stained glass panes just for the reason that tey look like that.
I already checked inside all the pillars, theres no light sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.