• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted Limited WorldEdit for MatthewVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewVP

Slab Fanatic
Supporter
Credits
XP
Username: MatthewVP
Earned Guide Rank: December 2018
Experience:
single player experience with WE, used it to make some pretty cool builds and will not need instruction
Need: mostly for free-build purposes, will be useful for many things.
Responsible and Mature Player:
A responsible and mature player is someone who does not abuse the trust afforded to them.

Last edited:
You have not replied so I am denying this, sorry. If you want to restart this application process please tell me.

I think the problem is that you have no real use for this as you have no build perms on main and we don't rly give out WE for freebuild so I think the reason why this is taking so long is because we don't really know how to handle it. That and @ooitsbirdo who is supposed to handle these is very inactive lately... We are sorry! I'll see what I can do to get you an official response.

Thanks Ooits, but there is something that I do not understand. If it’s the case that this badge is only open for those with “current building roles” when there is no Builder badge, then why is this open for Guides? It seems like when Guides were allowed to apply for this, no one really thought about what would happen once one did. When Mapthor tried to get it, he was told to apply for Artist. If being a Guide and having this badge are in some kind of conflict, at least make a clear decision about it because at the moment, I meet all of the badge requirements.

Last edited:
I think this was originally open for guides as they didn't have any WE perms by default and they needed them for guide books. This has now changed and you have some very basic WE pemissions to take care of the books. I might be wrong on this but if not then this needs an update. Tho I think we could discuss if we should allow guides to apply for freebuild WE perms.

Maybe this discussion should continue in another thread. I think people become builders and Guides for many reasons but a big part of it is commitment. Some might become Artist because they are able to commit to the rank, and if they so happen to be interested in running games or giving tours, they can get Guide badges and have no additional commitment. But if someone who can only commit to the Guide rank also happens to like building when they can, sorry you chose the wrong rank. And I understand the reasoning that if Guides are building, they should be able to have a shot at the WE badge, but at the moment there is no way for Guides to do that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.