• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted Lindolas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindolas

Involved Member
Commoner
Credits
XP
Joined around September - October 2015 (can't remember exact date).
Done a lot of jobs, mostly in Moria (ruining and making patterns on the walls, floors,..) some in Dol Amroth (moat around the city walls), vegetation at /warp North, paths, river streams and a lot of terrain smoothing at /warp NBTerrain and NBWTerrain.

2017-03-08-204028_1920x1080_scrot.png 2017-03-08-204208_1920x1080_scrot.png 2017-03-08-204427_1920x1080_scrot.png 2017-03-15-234936_1920x1080_scrot.png 2017-01-27-173216_1920x1080_scrot.png2017-03-16-220359_1920x1080_scrot.png

My interests: I really like the elven and gondor style of building. Gondor has this mediterranean feel which I like. Beside LotR related things, I love building villas. Italian renaissance style villas with a garden around. Or a house with a garden.

My motivation: I heard there's a shortage of artists on the server so I wuld like to help out if possible. recently plus some foremans and artists were encouraging me to apply so decided to give it a shot :)

Last edited:
I'd recommend making some screenshots of your themed-builds, they're a great way of showing off your building skills. As artist you'll be building mainly, much more so than making terrain (that's usually work for Adv/Com), especially with places like DA coming up now.

I'd recommend making some screenshots of your themed-builds, they're a great way of showing off your building skills. As artist you'll be building mainly, much more so than making terrain (that's usually work for Adv/Com), especially with places like DA coming up now.

Ok, I'll make some screenshots when I'll do a theme build. If I build something in freebuild, will that count too?

Idk if we still have the rule, but applicants need to have made at least one themed build. But yeah freebuild/single player/themed builds can all be used. However the nice thing about Themed builds is it's similar to what you do as Artist, making something you have been assigned to, like a house or tower, rather than in FB just making whatever you want doesn't really happen often :p

Pfffft, if making terrain is for Adv/Com DON'T MAKE @Lindolas Artist. I need his awesome skills for the terrain :p
Seriously @Lindolas made probably half of the new terrain in northern Belfalas during the last weeks. And I couldn't do better terrain myself.
@Lindolas, I really hope you continue terrain work as Artist. You will then be able to work without a plot, so no more problems at the plot borders. But @Eaglz24 is right ofc as Artist you will also build a lot of structures and you need to show your skills on that too. So please add some Themed-build screenshots ;)

Pfffft, if making terrain is for Adv/Com DON'T MAKE @Lindolas Artist. I need his awesome skills for the terrain :p
Seriously @Lindolas made probably half of the new terrain in northern Belfalas during the last weeks. And I couldn't do better terrain myself.
@Lindolas, I really hope you continue terrain work as Artist. You will then be able to work without a plot, so no more problems at the plot borders. But @Eaglz24 is right ofc as Artist you will also build a lot of structures and you need to show your skills on that too. So please add some Themed-build screenshots ;)

Thank you Eriol. You are very kind. I will definetly continue my work with the terrain smoothing even as an artist, if I become one. I just like helping around. And yes, I'll post some screenshots when I do some theme builds, or anything freebuild.

To all public viewers, dont mind this being moved here, of course its all completely intentional. (Also sorry Lindolas for the probably unwanted attention xD)
@q220 could you please move this post back to where it belongs, dont have the perms to do so myself :p

"Upon popular request" I am very gladly accepting your application! Please do take a look at the Artist manual before you start working as Artist: Artist Manual

I do want to point out though that you should not neglect your house building skills as that still is what Artists end up working on the most ;)

Congratulations!

Thank you very much Finrod! I'll do my best. :)

Why is this on the front page?
To all public viewers, dont mind this being moved here, of course its all completely intentional. (Also sorry Lindolas for the probably unwanted attention xD)
@q220 could you please move this post back to where it belongs, dont have the perms to do so myself :p
Congratz Lindo, you're famous now.

Status
Not open for further replies.