• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Lindon

You can pull a few quotes about Ossiriand before it became Lindon after the sinking of Beleriand. About it being where Luthien dwelled, specifically Tol Galen. How some Elves that dwelled there participated in the wars against Melkor. But nothing describing Lindon during the Third Age. There's nothing that describes Mithlond in writing. Just the many ships and the road leading to it. It's all conjecture, imagination, and common sense when studying where towns would be and population distribution. (Speaking as someone with experience on the matter as a project leader/Elvish expert to a degree *cough*). Consider this an unleashing of creativity and freedom. You can make massive cities or hardly anything at all.

You can pull a few quotes about Ossiriand before it became Lindon after the sinking of Beleriand. About it being where Luthien dwelled, specifically Tol Galen. How some Elves that dwelled there participated in the wars against Melkor. But nothing describing Lindon during the Third Age. There's nothing that describes Mithlond in writing. Just the many ships and the road leading to it. It's all conjecture, imagination, and common sense when studying where towns would be and population distribution. (Speaking as someone with experience on the matter as a project leader/Elvish expert to a degree *cough*). Consider this an unleashing of creativity and freedom. You can make massive cities or hardly anything at all.
/thread

I found this map in my book, maybe can help.

20180928_164614.jpg

Scansione.jpeg
[/IMG]

Yeah I do quite like Karen Wynn Fonstad's portrayals but I get the idea that some people here don't. However the rivers like that could be nice, unless the lore explicitly forbids it at some point.

Who don't like the Atlas? It's a great source in my opinion, very accurate in most details.

But that map is from First Age and terrain changed a lot when Beleriand sunk.

There is a summary of the changes in the Atlas -> The Second Age - Introduction

Last edited: