• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Linhir

otho

MCME Connaisseur
Commoner
Credits
XP
Linhir
/warp Linhir​

Project Leader: oth0116
Reserve Leader: KlemensPlusLukas
Project Staff: wodleth

Background Lore:
Linhir
was a town in the province of Lebennin in southern Gondor.
It was the second largest city in Lebennin and also served as the province's port. It lay on the confluence of the rivers Gilrain and Serni, which were near the Mouths of Anduin. A road stretching from Erech all the way down into Harad also passed through the town.

Planning map (done):
yY38dAh.jpg

City Plan:

GosTlqN.png

Yellow - Rich Housing - In progress
Purple - Poor Housing - Done
Green
- Normal Housing - Done
Orange - Market/Crafting Area - Done
Blue - Dock - Done
Red - Industrial Area - Done
Black - Square
Brown - Roads - Done

To do List:

1)
Mapping: Done
2) Concept: Done
3) Terrain: Done

More things will be added as the project goes

Last edited:
guys can I make a suggestion. I think it would make more sense to swap the poor housing with the normal housing near the docks, that way, it is furthest from the rich, still close to the industrial area, where most of the poor would work. It is also close to the docks where many of the poor would be fisherman, sailors or simple dock workers. Also when ever Linhir gets raided by the corsairs, the poor would be the ones to get hit first, meaning for the corsairs to take anything of value they would have to go deeper into Linhir, making it more dangerous for them, and safer for those who can afford better accommodation.

just my thoughts what do you think?

Last edited:
guys can I make a suggestion. I think it would make more sense to swap the poor housing with the normal housing near the docks, that way, it is furthest from the rich, still close to the industrial area, where most of the poor would work. It is also close to the docks where many of the poor would be fisherman, sailors or simple dock workers. Also when ever Linhir gets raided by the corsairs, the poor would be the ones to get hit first, meaning for the corsairs to take anything of value they would have to go deeper into Linhir, making it more dangerous for them, and safer for those who can afford better accommodation.

just my thoughts what do you think?

I guess I can write our motivation here if anyone else wonders.
We reasoned as that the poorer areas of cities are often in the outskirts. Swapping places on the two different districts would make the poor area to central. We also wanted it to be as close to the industrial area as possible, since we think that most of the poor residents work there. We will add fishing huts in the industrial area as well.
We did consider putting the poor area where you suggest it but after hours of discussions ( ;) ) we decided to put it where it is.
I appreciate tips and cheerfully take them into consideration, so just keep the feedback coming Lucky! :)

The Linhir Boat Build!

For the docks of Linhir we need some beautifull boats! And thats what we need you for. For some Inspiration look at those pictures:

753-1312204314-0.jpg

handel_kogge_akg_g.jpg

Take a plot at /warp linhirboats and Start building!

Just remember that for now its just one plot per Person.

Enjoy it!

CLOSED

Last edited:
I like your reasoning @oth0116 and friends, but I would agree with lucky that more poor people would work as fishermen, sailors, or stevedores/longshoremen/whatever-you-want-to-call-them. I'm guessing you want to avoid having poorer houses in that area though, so I would suggest having apartment buildings for the lower/lower-middle class workers. Yes, they exist at that time.
Yeah, I would think that quite a few middle class people would also work in the industrial area as well, it wouldn't be 99% poor people in staff.
(About the insulas, was Gondor sort of based on the Roman Empire? The architecture DOES seem similar....)

The Linhir Market Build!

Now that the boats are done, we're quickly moving onto the next area which is the market area. For this we need tons of beautiful stalls and carts filled with munchies.

Our idea for this area is to make it as colorful and happy as possible.
More than one plot per human is allowed, more than one set-up per plot is welcome tho

gbbhk6a.jpg

1EW53lZ.jpg

k2aAJp6.jpg

/warp LinhirMarket
Have fun building!

Linhir Normal Housing Freebuild
(Adventures+)

-closed-

Now, as we planned everything out, its time to start with houses.
To keep it simple, you just have to /warp LinhirHouse.
You will find a House Guide and Plots there.

The Normal House Concept:

aTvmLrP.png

The Normal Housing Guide:
ACCNoYl.png

IMPORTANT:
  • just 1 Plot per Person until one get accepted.
  • Don't build outside your Plot.
  • There might be no open Plots with prepared stuff when you arrive, just ask a Project Staff to copy one over for you.

Last edited:
think it would be cool to have some large shipyard. A bit like the beginning of les miserables. This is probable totally irrelevant though