• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Little feedback needed

Do you like it so far?

• Yes

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • Kinda

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Freshmilkymilk

Yellow Flower Puncher
Credits
XP
Hey guys, with the mod 'camera studio' now updated I got right into this. I have started testing out video recording and editing. I wanted to see what you guys think of what I have so far.

I would like to get some feedback on this, what ever that may be.

Things I already know is not so good:
  • Mouse is on screen at times [this was a recording flaw]
  • video is juttery [not much I can do, waiting for a mod called 'minema']
  • Some transitions are not aligned with music
  • Some chunks deload in shots [not much I can do about it]
Things that can be changed:
  • Shader pack
  • Shot angles
  • music, would require rework of whole thing
  • transitions [I used a pretty cheap editing software; I have Adobe Premiere Pro CC, just no idea how to use it]
  • At end where stuff pops up, video showcases could be actual videos not just pictures
Now I know the music is not lotr, but I wanted something epic to bring people in.

Thanks for taking the time to watch and help me out. I hope to create some more video's, this is just the start.

Last edited:
Around 2:10, would there be any way to edit your shadow out of the screen? It's a bit distracting. If there's no way, or it couldn't be done easily, then it's just fine.

This shows a lot of promise.

I loved the music, the pace, the different locations, etc

I think my biggest concern is the lag (which you already know about)

I would also suggest that if you are interested in doing another video, maybe do the finished locations? We could really use showcases of the major spots of MCME as the other videos are pretty old now.

I guess my village just isn't cool enough for you.

Like Fire said, lag. I Believe one way to make things smoother is to set your track speed in camera studio to a slower pace. And then speed things up in post-production. It also makes un-rendered areas appear to render more smoothly i think. (I'm no facking expert)

Keep the music, i don't necessarily like how it starts off, but it gets a lot better, and works well with the shots. Plus the climax with the piano is just great.

I'd also find a better thumbnail picture. One that will catch people's eyes.

Like Fire said, lag. I Believe one way to make things smoother is to set your track speed in camera studio to a slower pace. And then speed things up in post-production. It also makes un-rendered areas appear to render more smoothly i think. (I'm no facking expert)

I'd also find a better thumbnail picture. One that will catch people's eyes.
I will try and see how speeding it up goes. As for the thumbnail I just picked a picture that wasn't over 2mb from my screenshots. That picture is not final at all.

With this kind of music I wouldn't play much with the transitions, as *pang* and *bang* in the music is transitions, but you could maybe add a few lens flares as transitions some places (if you would play with transitions in another software like Premiere), else with other music I would have stick to simple transitions, like crossfade (simple is often the best).

I don't know what may have caused the lag, but have you made the footage slowmo in post - or was it recorded like that?

I would also made more different movements (not only play it like a crane), but simply pan, tilt, etc. as well. That way the "crane-shots" will be more exclusive - and it'll make the impression of the movie much better :D

And something that's always cool, but also a cliché is a shot where you're pointing down at the surface of the water, moving forward fast, and tilting up against something huge while ascending a bit at the same time.

Ok, I tried out increasing the time. It's at 11 times speed and I think it's much better than the 1x speed

I will try to do some more shots again with 11x or more.
I will also do some different shots and will post again.

That's so much better, i wasn't able to notice any lag at all. I might stick with the Seus Preview 2 as well, i think it worked well with Gondor.

Around 2:10, would there be any way to edit your shadow out of the screen? It's a bit distracting. If there's no way, or it couldn't be done easily, then it's just fine.

2:10 is the icing on the cake!

Also, if you stay with the setup you have for the test you posted. I would end with a different shot. The info and links look cool with the pelennor fields as a backdrop. But i think you should end on something much more "epic" as it matches the music's climax well.
Suggestions:
  • Looking over the shoulder of Minas Tirith Citadel towards the fields.
  • Travelling down the bridge, end at Dome of Stars.
  • Travelling down the road, end at Forannest.
  • Flying over the White Mountains, Beacons?

im trying this mod out atm but for me the video is sometimes like sooming in, u know how i can fix this?

And Fresh u doing a good job i just can say the thingys the others were saying before me, good luck on ur other videos :)

I think I would like to see some variation in your paths. It seems a little bland just walking a level path. Im not sure how to explain it but I like the quality and the idea.

I think i can probably post this here Cause i want some Feedback too. I was trying to make a showcase from Rivendell.
There are some thingys i already Know like that the Video is very Short.
Here is the Video

Ty for ReadingReading

I think i can probably post this here Cause i want some Feedback too. I was trying to make a showcase from Rivendell.
There are some thingys i already Know like that the Video is very Short.
Here is the Video

Ty for ReadingReading

One thing is to follow the music. Shots need to be in line with the different music changes. Also about the music, isn't that copyrighted music?

Hey guys, with the mod 'camera studio' now updated I got right into this. I have started testing out video recording and editing. I wanted to see what you guys think of what I have so far.

I would like to get some feedback on this, what ever that may be.

Things I already know is not so good:
  • Mouse is on screen at times [this was a recording flaw]
  • video is juttery [not much I can do, waiting for a mod called 'minema']
  • Some transitions are not aligned with music
  • Some chunks deload in shots [not much I can do about it]
Things that can be changed:
  • Shader pack
  • Shot angles
  • music, would require rework of whole thing
  • transitions [I used a pretty cheap editing software; I have Adobe Premiere Pro CC, just no idea how to use it]
  • At end where stuff pops up, video showcases could be actual videos not just pictures
Now I know the music is not lotr, but I wanted something epic to bring people in.

Thanks for taking the time to watch and help me out. I hope to create some more video's, this is just the start.

Ok I just watched the video again and had a total nerdgasm. Minas Tirith is SO EPIC!!!!:D:D:D