• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Little feedback needed

Do you like it so far?

• Yes

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • Kinda

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
yeah, im not so good with finding music i can use :( if someone could tell me a website or something like this were u can find music for free use :)

yeah, im not so good with finding music i can use :( if someone could tell me a website or something like this were u can find music for free use :)
Btw this is not advertising:p

THIS site has lots of free music clips ranging from 20 seconds to around 5 minutes, and there are many different styles, too.

Very impressive. Though there's a non-free video solution that produces much better results. Bandicam. Doesn't lag your computer or reduce your framerates so you can produce smooth video. Oh, it also compresses on the fly.

If you want free music, try www.modarchive.com. However, you will need a free program such as ModPlug Player to play the music there. It will, however, export to .wav format. Make sure you max out all the settings or it won't sound up to its potential. These songs are all amateur productions. Many are bad, but some are spectacular.

Songs I recommend for video backgrounds:
Tyhjan Pirtin Valssi
Moors of Ireland
Guitarous

Last edited:
Btw this is not advertising:p

THIS site has lots of free music clips ranging from 20 seconds to around 5 minutes, and there are many different styles, too.
Very impressive. Though there's a non-free video solution that produces much better results. Bandicam. Doesn't lag your computer or reduce your framerates so you can produce smooth video. Oh, it also compresses on the fly.

If you want free music, try www.modarchive.com. However, you will need a free program such as ModPlug Player to play the music there. It will, however, export to .wav format. Make sure you max out all the settings or it won't sound up to its potential. These songs are all amateur productions. Many are bad, but some are spectacular.

Songs I recommend for video backgrounds:
Tyhjan Pirtin Valssi
Moors of Ireland
Guitarous
Ty, u helped me alot ill do another video with the right music. :)
:)

My pleasure. That first song I listed is pretty spectacular for video backgrounds. Great for showcasing a creation, of just about any type.

Also try Stardust Memories. It's a lot more upbeat, but it it's good for a higher-speed, flashier exhibition.

Fantastic! I especially like the part at ~2:15 of the house in the pelennor fields with MT in the background, its a great shot.

This is amazing fresh! We should really get this posted onto the youtube channel/advertise the server a bunch with it.

@freshmilkymilk
One thing I think would be really cool is: after you show the first beacon, and you see the second in the background. Quickly cycle through the other ones (with only half second clips or whatever matches the music) as it leads up to the sort of gong sounding noise.

@freshmilkymilk
One thing I think would be really cool is: after you show the first beacon, and you see the second in the background. Quickly cycle through the other ones (with only half second clips or whatever matches the music) as it leads up to the sort of gong sounding noise.
And even better before that, do one or two complete shot around at least one of them (kinda face palmed when I saw you hadn't @freshmilkymilk, cause it would look so awesome).

EDIT:
Also, the panning shot after the opening shot feels rather wrong and they don't quite fit together, maybe because of the song (not sure). I would have chose another shot, which has a less aggressive start on the movement.

Tip: Making the video in a wider ratio than normal (1.66:1 - or 16:9) makes a more cinematic feel to the video, which I at least think it should have. Maybe you should use the 2.55:1 ratio, or something similar. You could do that by adding a mask on top of the shots. A lot of the framing in your shots will look weird by adding that mask (you should actually have recorded with that ratio, to make it all perfect), but by positioning the shots up/down to make a better framing works as well.

The ability to mask (still not sure what software you're using) should be in the most video editing softwares. However the different softwares may have different names for it, ie. in Final Cut Pro X this kind of masking is named Letterboxing and you use a Letterbox filter to do it. Google should do it.

As you see here, I've replaced the shot after the opening shot with another shot (from further back in your video) and I've also replaced the shot after that again with the panning shot that was after the opening shot to make it all translate better. I've also added a 2.55:1 mask, and as you see the framing in the opening shot looks pretty weird, however I could have fixed it by positioning the shot (behind the mask) down. What I've also done is tweaking the colors and contrast a bit, by making the black and mid levels lower and the high levels higher and tuning up the saturation (15-20%). And when I went on YouTube, I saw how crappy the quality got and made the colors all crappy, so I wouldn't go further than 5-10% on the saturation.

(It also goes black between the 2nd an 3rd shot - it was my only option as it did on the 2nd shot in your version, so I just added a pan from black on the 3rd shot as well to make the transition translate better. However, I'm not sure if I would have if I had other options.)

It's an amazing video tho! Great job...! :)

I love it that you took my suggestion on the opening shot :D

Last edited:
Alright, so I am not that good at photoshop/photo editing. I have this picture:
iiGEuqsaLTmQZ.png

Already edited and ready to go (effects wise), but i need some text on it. Such as "MCME Gondor Trailer" or something like it. I need it to look good for a thumbnail. Anyone who is good at photshop, could you have a go at making a good thumbnail?

Alright, so I am not that good at photoshop/photo editing. I have this picture:
iiGEuqsaLTmQZ.png

Already edited and ready to go (effects wise), but i need some text on it. Such as "MCME Gondor Trailer" or something like it. I need it to look good for a thumbnail. Anyone who is good at photshop, could you have a go at making a good thumbnail?
Would it be possible to redo the one shot that shows off the Citadel now that it is in? Sam movement/sound/placement etc, just a new shot?

Are you going to redo the shots of wip areas once those areas are done? If you are going to do this, you can fix the derpy leaves because you're gonna redo it anyway:p If you open the "gbuffers_terrain.vsh" file in your shader zip folder, you can remove "#define WAVING_LEAVES." The shader will still work like it usually does, just without the waving leaves.
Of course, if you weren't planning on redoing the shots, then it's fine the way it is.:)