• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted lolbroek108's Voxel Sniper [v] application

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolbroek108

Another Moria Worker
Commoner
Credits
XP
I post hereby my Voxel Sniper badge application. Enjoy reading!

• Be at least Artist or Guide: I am artist, so check.
  • Have experience in Voxel: I used Voxel Sniper on a different server so I have experience with it.
  • Have knowledge in making Terrain: I can say that I have a bit knowledge about this because I did this more than once so I know what to do.
  • Is responsible and mature enough to use the tool in an effective manner: I know how powerful Voxel Sniper can be, so I know what I can do and what I can't do with Voxel Sniper.

• When did you join? December 2016( I don't know the exact date).
  • What rank are you currently and approximately how long have you had that rank? I am an artist right now, I was promoted on 7 September 2017.
  • How experienced are you in Voxel and making Terrain? I know all the basic command and I used this a lot on a different server. I even made a mountain with only Voxel Sniper on that server.
  • Will you need instruction in using Voxel once you acquire the badge? No, I think. But if I need help I can always search it on internet or ask the others.
  • Why do you need this badge? So I can easily make terrain on the server and so I can help out other who need some terrain with Voxel Sniper.
  • What to you is a responsible and mature player? Someone who knows what he can do with all the commands and also knows what he is doing.
If you guys have any questions about this application just ask me :D.

• How experienced are you in Voxel and making Terrain? I know all the basic command and I used this a lot on a different server. I even made a mountain with only Voxel Sniper on that server.
  • Will you need instruction in using Voxel once you acquire the badge? No, I think. But if I need help I can always search it on internet or ask the others.
  • Why do you need this badge? So I can easily make terrain on the server and so I can help out other who need some terrain with Voxel Sniper.

Can I see a portfolio? What areas do you plan on working in?

It seems you have a good foundation however, there are many things I think can be improved and that you can show: realism in terrain, attention to detail, some more advanced terrain elements. There might be a V- Badge coming out later but will have to see, at this point, keep on working towards this and I will revisit this application once you produce some new work.

That part on the left which juts out is still very bally, you can still see that is was clearly made with voxel, I like that material use a bit better, can I see more, other things than just the basic mountain? Remember to use real-life example as much as possible and research.

I have a tip: don't use vanilla rp :D, use all the nice terrain blocks we have and add more detail ;)

Update!

My canyon with a bit more detail: Imgur

Note: I made this again with the vanilla rp because in the MCME rp there aren't really good blocks which you can use for a canyon ;).

If there are any questions/tips I would love to hear them ;)!

I have some tips:

-Your river does not have a realistic and smooth curve as that one does and the meander looks too diagonal in some places and too sudden in others.
-The river that you have shown varies hardly at all in the channel width
I think the banks can be made higher in some parts and lower in other likes normal river where it deposits on the inner side of the meander (material should be depositing rocks so gravel and etc in mc terms) and the bank is lower and the slop more gradual and then on the outer side of the meander the bank should be more permeable: (stone in mc case) and steeper
-Your channel depth looks non-existent and of course, this depends on where the meanders are placed
-If you look at your concept image you can see that it is rapids which means that the base of the river is more random and should have some boulders/rocks on the base
-In the concept image the discharge is very strong which 1 could mean a lot of rain recently but more likely (as it looks from the perspective of the photo) the river itself is more steep and so improve that height from upstream to downstream
-You can have different levels of water if you use the 7 states of water which are at different heights. If you are comfortable with voxel you should understand how to get this when I mean 9 is still water and 9:1-9:7 are the variants, these changes 9-9:7 should be done on each y level of block height you differ in your river
-The banks of the river in that concept are more boulder like and you created just slopes of stone

If you want me to get even more advanced I would say:
-Your shrubberies are non-existent
-Vegetation could be improved and more dense
-The base of the river could be varied in materials
-Next time do a screenshot so I can see the river as a whole: more over the top. Help me judge it even more.

-Banks are a tad bit better but you didn't make it any more bouldery.
-Rapids are not just line of rocks :D
-Make river deeper
-I said you should use 9:1, 9:2, 9:3 type of water (maybe you did near where it drops down fast but this is not like how I described)
-The river is not that uniform in channel width which I said last time should be more (I see it going to one block wide)
1527789792133.png

That part above is just weird, water cuts through rock, make more meanders because right now its just two turns

I don't know how to use voxel, just WE, but I have a very simple tip of what I think the others are trying to say. I assume you know how to build roads; they're the same width everywhere, and one wider at bends. Do the same for rivers, have them the same width everywhere.

Exceptions are ofc streams feeding the river, and very deep (ravine) or very shallow parts (a particularly large meander for example).

Status
Not open for further replies.