• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Looking for Artists: An intro video of 3 seconds

q220

Eru Iluvatar
Staff member
Supporter
Credits
XP
So basically we want to spice up and homogenize our presentations on Youtube and have a similar style throughout our videos. However we still lack an 'intro video' for our videos. If you are skilled in making videos, or have any of the skills required to make one, please send me a private message so we can see what we can do! If you ever made something some motion art, please send a link with it! :)

• Affinitity for art and style
  • Experience in creating videos and or animated presentations
  • Skills in basic modelling/rigging in either Blender, 3DSmax, Cinema4D or others

Do you need something specific or just an intro because if you have an idea I can whip something up in blender or Magix or both...

I was just thinking of doing something with our logo (ring and pickaxe), but three seconds is pretty short to do something special

We also need new videos..

Everybody knows that Fire, and tons of people are asking it too. However it is easier said than done to make a video. Everybody can start fraps and push it through Windows Movie Maker, put a copyrighted soundtrack and some text with Comic Sans MS Italic. But that doesn't mean its a good, interesting video people want to see. I can only think of 2 people who are capable shooting, processing and making nice compositional scenes and shots, then they still need the time and motivation to commit themselves to it.

Everybody knows that Fire, and tons of people are asking it too. However it is easier said than done to make a video. Everybody can start fraps and push it through Windows Movie Maker, put a copyrighted soundtrack and some text with Comic Sans MS Italic. But that doesn't mean its a good, interesting video people want to see. I can only think of 2 people who are capable shooting, processing and making nice compositional scenes and shots, then they still need the time and motivation to commit themselves to it.
I am always up for making videos etc. if needed. I really, really, enjoy making showcases of areas. So if you need anything just ask :)

Q i just want to inform that i will finish the showcase soon. My 3d animation helper (friend) has just returned from abroad and he will help me to finish the main animation next week. Sorry Q that it takes so long, i am so busy...

I am always up for making videos etc. if needed. I really, really, enjoy making showcases of areas. So if you need anything just ask :)

Yeah, you are one of the people I was referring to

Q i just want to inform that i will finish the showcase soon. My 3d animation helper (friend) has just returned from abroad and he will help me to finish the main animation next week. Sorry Q that it takes so long, i am so busy...

Hey, no problem. Glad to see you are going through with it, I thought it died out :p. Curious for the results!

The difficulty really is finding music that is both royalty free and that matches the actual video. It is much more of a tedious task than one would think at first glance, you've got a whole lot of small things you need to think about such as making the transition of the scenes match the transitioning of the composition, among other small tasks.

If needed I could record a few shots. Earlier on in the year I was working on a tharbad cinematic sort of thing, but abandoned it due to how long it took for the camera mod to be updated. Maybe if I can find some spare time over this break I can attempt it again.

The difficulty really is finding music that is both royalty free and that matches the actual video. It is much more of a tedious task than one would think at first glance, you've got a whole lot of small things you need to think about such as making the transition of the scenes match the transitioning of the composition, among other small tasks.

If needed I could record a few shots. Earlier on in the year I was working on a tharbad cinematic sort of thing, but abandoned it due to how long it took for the camera mod to be updated. Maybe if I can find some spare time over this break I can attempt it again.
Music usually stops becoming a problem when you start creating videos around the music. You find a nice piece of royalty free music and then you start sketching on a video based on the ups and downs of the song. That's at least what I do :p

Music usually stops becoming a problem when you start creating videos around the music. You find a nice piece of royalty free music and then you start sketching on a video based on the ups and downs of the song. That's at least what I do :p
ehm, ye, or you just do it like me and start. and mix it together afterwards, which isnt really harder then how you do it. atleast for me :p

The thing is, with this kind of intro we can showcase community videos on our official channel without creating a disorderly bunch of different videos. This means more people can shoot a video, send it to us, we edit it a bit with our intro and then upload it to our official channel. This way the videos are a bit equal in terms of style. Even if it is a showcase or a tour or something else.