• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Looking for Artists: An intro video of 3 seconds

Also i think working with something more lotr related would be cool too. (maybe map of middleearth?)

maybe have like a map of middle earth and then it like burns away from the centre outwards revealing the mcme logo

That's my idea:
We see someone (Steve/q220...) digging stone, then we zoom out and see one of the Argonath with a chain and ring around his neck, then we zoom in on the ring, which transforms into the MCME logo.

From my personal experience:

It's usually best to have a discrete intro thing. Just something to quickly tell people: 'hey, we made this!', but not something that get's in the way of people watching the video. Loud noises or longer intro's are annoying the second time you see them, or even the first time. This is especially irritating when binge watching someone's video's.
I feel it's much better to have a good 'outro-screen'. Something that makes clear who made the video, where to go to sign up and linking to other video's. This way people get reminded who made the video after they were just impressed by some nice builds, and more likely to think 'geez those mcme guys seem pretty cool, I'm going to check it out!' or watch some other video which is linked there.

TL: DR
I feel a good 'outro' would be better than an intro, however if an intro is used I think a discrete logo intro is the best way to do it.

@Fornad if you're still here and have still got the footage, those old clips done for the Gondor trailer? Paths of the Dead and Helm's Deep and a few other things? If those could be worked into a 3-second-intro (or maybe elsewhere in the video) that would be pretty cool.

If your still looking for an idea

A Tolkien Drawn Map of Middle earth with a branded MCME logo smouldering in the centre. The map then slowly burns away from the centre revealing the video beneath as it does this.

If done well this would look epic and very proffesional.

Would this be too hard?

Thoughts?

If your still looking for an idea

A Tolkien Drawn Map of Middle earth with a branded MCME logo smouldering in the centre. The map then slowly burns away from the centre revealing the video beneath as it does this.

If done well this would look epic and very proffesional.

Would this be too hard?

Thoughts?
You couldn't use a map drawn by Tolkien for copyright reasons, certainly if you're gunna stamp MCME over it.

Completely forgot about copywrite oops. But yeah an old paper filter on the journey map or Dynamap would look just as good. Great solution @Finrod_Amandil

What we need more of these, are people actually making their idea. Because we have a lot of great ideas but too few people actually doing something. So if you are a graphic artist or can handle video editting really well, don't hesitate and send us your ideas. Even if it's just a try or a crappy edit or yadayadayada... send it.
Cheers will