• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Lost Children of MCME

Fexelitche

Moria Hall Professional
Commoner
Credits
XP
I have made a google form to analyze why people leave MCME. This counts adventures and commoners as we currently rarely get people to stay.
I have no idea how this will pan out, what the result will be, but I highly suggest everyone have the forms tap open when playing. This way helping
me with gathering important data of how good MCME is at handling newcomers.

It is short. It is simplified and takes a matter of seconds to fill. (It can be done multiple times).
Since a bunch of rampaging, spider monkies went by destroying my idea. I have wiped the results chart and started over.
Unfortunately, this results in the fact that it will not be publicly possible to aid the attempt due to the risk of this babbling
bunch of baboons returning. PM me if you wan't to take part in it.

Everyone is free to see the result of this as it goes following this link:
Lost children of MCME (responses)

I will close the survey at Christmas eve and post the results a day or two afterwards so that we can evaluate on this into the new year.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Okay. Thank you to who ever submitted following:

27/11/2018 11.11.22
ooitsbirdo
Did not get enough attention / ignored
Head's (Head Builder, Head Guide, ...)

Please do not troll with your submissions. I will go through them all and sort them, but make my life easier by not trolling like this. (It is true though,....)

I get that you want this to be a serious thing.

But some of these responses are pretty funny ahaha
Hats off to some quality memes

Nice. My attempt on gathering usefull information to MCME got totally ruined...
It took 2 hours. Lol. Usually it takes2 days before my ideas are either destroyed or denied

EDIT - Wait a min. This has only been up for like 30 min. I appreciate the amount of effort you guys put into your memes. Wauv.

Last edited:
Nice. My attempt on gathering usefull information to MCME got totally ruined...
It took 2 hours. Lol. Usually it takes2 days before my ideas are either destroyed or denied

EDIT - Wait a min. This has only been up for like 30 min. I appreciate the amount of effort you guys put into your memes. Wauv.

@Beathaven This is partially your own fault you know. (And yes. I can see who submits.)

I think this is an idea with good intention but could be done better with a list of set answer choices... The internet is no place for one who doesn’t expect to hear strong opinions, comedians, and misinformation unfortunately. Don’t be upset, your idea is appreciated :)

I think this is an idea with good intention but could be done better with a list of set answer choices... The internet is no place for one who doesn’t expect to hear strong opinions, comedians, and misinformation unfortunately. Don’t be upset, your idea is appreciated :)

Well. Everything was actually multiple choice, to prevent trolls. But, I couldn't do a multiple choice at the IGN so that was where they trolled. I'm a little upset. Just a little. But, It is private now. So it will become something, just a bit less.

Fexel, I know you mean it well and you do it because you care about the community. This idea is actually quite good but unfortunately it's kinda bound to fail as I could imagine that the majority of our members are too lazy to do this....
I observed and analysed the phenomenon myself too, and I'll provide my results here(tho I think I told u much of it in pms already):

35% leave because they are too shy to ask a question or don't think they are good enough to get involved
25% leave because no1 is on when they join
22% leave because they get bored of exploring and are too lazy to put some work in their building skills
10% leave because every1 is afk/they get ignored
5% leave because they are trolls and no1 gives them any attention
3% leave because they have no time to get involved

I know this isn't any scientific data and I hope ur survey will give some more exact information about this. I also agree that people could do a better job to get the biggest part of the newcomers that leave involved.
I think the easiest way to solve this would be to improve our new player world and new player experience (themed builds for example) and I assure you we are already working on that.

P.S. I'm only taking the newcomers that leave into account

Fexel, I know you mean it well and you do it because you care about the community. This idea is actually quite good but unfortunately it's kinda bound to fail as I could imagine that the majority of our members are too lazy to do this....
I observed and analysed the phenomenon myself too, and I'll provide my results here(tho I think I told u much of it in pms already):

35% leave because they are too shy to ask a question or don't think they are good enough to get involved
25% leave because no1 is on when they join
22% leave because they get bored of exploring and are too lazy to put some work in their building skills
10% leave because every1 is afk/they get ignored
5% leave because they are trolls and no1 gives them any attention
3% leave because they have no time to get involved

I know this isn't any scientific data and I hope ur survey will give some more exact information about this. I also agree that people could do a better job to get the biggest part of the newcomers that leave involved.
I think the easiest way to solve this would be to improve our new player world and new player experience (themed builds for example) and I assure you we are already working on that.

P.S. I'm only taking the newcomers that leave into account

Hey Toti. I have abandoned the idea of making this public. I've pm'ed a few who have agreed to help me get some real data we can use. It's a good estimate you've made, we can use that as a reference.
I'm not talking in solutions right now, I've been there already, but it seems like there's in need of being proved that there actually is a problem.

Just pls don't let them leave without doing anything for the purpose of the sturdy :p

Hello, i have been on MCME for only a week and i cannot complain. I can always find something to do. BUT! I joined with a friend and he got bored because themed build was not something that he was interested in, and no planned jobs were available ( hes nick is Azrold btw ). You can add him to your google doc if you want. I think that more "meaningfull" jobs planned in advance would help keep new Adventurers on MCME. For example: the best fun i had was while bulding farms with 10 other people for Jona. This was the work thats was visible. I have no problems with adding vegetation to builds but i can see why this can be boring to some people due to high repetition.

To sum up: If there was a weekly schedule of planned "bigger" jobs that would be awsome. Also, a list of jobs that are constant ( vege in osgo, interiors in moria eyc ) and Formans that are in charge.

As much as that would be great, it has been tried before. It is easy to say we will do such things as plan jobs, however MCME is ofc second on everybodies list and people are living life which changes constantly and to such small things it's hard to commit. However, I urge people to do if they can, but just to people who always ask why there is nothign scheduled: the answer is real life.

Also Foreman/Designer, if you are reading this, you could set up plotbuilds, therefore you don't have to be on, however again this also has its disadvanteges because you are not there to guide them and etc.