• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Lothlorien Concerns

Ardelenia

One Of Us, One of Us
Supporter
Credits
XP
At the suggestion of our fine neighborhood Iru_, I would like to bring up my concerns with lothlorien.

I find most of our lothlorien to be unrealistic and unaesthetic, due to the lack of any growth underneath the mallorns. This could be remedied with smaller trees in between the large trunks, more roots from the fully mallorns, and flowers, grass, or other such underbrush. There could also be more fallen leaves on the ground. The forest floor underneath the flets in Caras Galadhon is better than the rest of the forest, as it has leaves, flowers, and some trees (not the best small trees ever though). I am quite sure that I have heard other people voice a similar concern.
redwood-forest-path-hiking-1.jpg

redwood forest - look at that underbrush, and those little trees

At the suggestion of our fine neighborhood Iru_, I would like to bring up my concerns with lothlorien.

I find most of our lothlorien to be unrealistic and unaesthetic, due to the lack of any growth underneath the mallorns. This could be remedied with smaller trees in between the large trunks, more roots from the fully mallorns, and flowers, grass, or other such underbrush. There could also be more fallen leaves on the ground. The forest floor underneath the flets in Caras Galadhon is better than the rest of the forest, as it has leaves, flowers, and some trees (not the best small trees ever though). I am quite sure that I have heard other people voice a similar concern.
redwood-forest-path-hiking-1.jpg

redwood forest - look at that underbrush, and those little trees
Fangorn sort of goes with this complaint as well. Although there isn't much room to stuff things in there.......

I think fangorn has a better vegetation lool than loth lorien and it also doesn't allow much growth on the lower parts because of the light being blocked by the trees. I would first tackle the loth problem and see if it gives a good result. Afterwards we can decide if fangorn needs a similar treatment. Time for concepts guys! The initiative is in the hands of the community rather than in those of the staff.

I think fangorn has a better vegetation lool than loth lorien and it also doesn't allow much growth on the lower parts because of the light being blocked by the trees. I would first tackle the loth problem and see if it gives a good result. Afterwards we can decide if fangorn needs a similar treatment. Time for concepts guys! The initiative is in the hands of the community rather than in those of the staff.
Does this mean I could sign up for this?

lets take it one forest at a time guys. although I have to agree that fangorn will need to be at leasts revamped in some areas. especially as on dynamap there is a clear grid-line pattern in fangorn, I dunno if it was deliberate or an oversight.
inCHFBT.png

also has the tall ferns had a re-texture if not then as wodleth said mallorn sapling would be a great ides

Well if we ignore glove's opinion, I think fangorn looks fine because a) there is very little room in between the trees and it makes sense for the paths to be cleared by the stomping of ents, also there are still roots so its not completely empty, and b) it is dark so you wouldnt notice flowers etc anyway.