• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

LOTR-like images, videos or locations

Soap887

MCME Connaisseur
Credits
XP
So, before the forums shat a family of squirrels, I remember seeing a thread where people posted images, videos or locations that resembled lotr locations or some-such, such as the halls of byzantium, under instanbul, looking like the 21st chamber. Today, I saw the logo of a water bottle company, and I recognised it. (people who are familiar with moria lore will understand this):
Evian-logo_0.JPG

A complete and utter reference to LotR:

A cartoon called 'The Amazing World of Gumball'
The episode called 'The Helmet'

Reactions: B_n
Me yet again....

I was walking down my street when I saw a van for some business. Written on the van was 'Not all who wander are lost" :D

I would've taken a photo but I had nothing that could on me at the time.

Reactions: B_n
So, before the forums shat a family of squirrels, I remember seeing a thread where people posted images, videos or locations that resembled lotr locations or some-such, such as the halls of byzantium, under instanbul, looking like the 21st chamber. Today, I saw the logo of a water bottle company, and I recognised it. (people who are familiar with moria lore will understand this):
Evian-logo_0.JPG
The 3 mountains that Moria was dug in correct?

Heyoo, I was in New Zealand two weeks ago, traveling the two islands and taking some pics. Since I’m back at home I’m having plenty of time to go through my photos and I couldn’t help but notice some similarities to da movies. This is verwy LOTR-like:

https://imgur.com/a/ugfen#0

* I don't have one of these hightech-digital-single-lens-reflex-thingys, there was just me and my iPhone. Cheers!

Map of Narnia. If you look at top right we can see a location called "ettinsmoor", which is very similar to ettenmoors. CS Lewis and JRR Tolkien were good friends :D
Narnia_Karte.jpg

Pretty much anywhere in Iceland could fit into Middle-Earth. Allegedly a lot of the terrain is based of parts of Iceland after Tolkien visited there! (Apologies for the image dump - photos from a trip there about 4 years ago!)
298211_2416043205917_2041405811_n.jpg
321013_2415875081714_1088780104_n.jpg
304849_2415884001937_116710069_n.jpg

Pretty much anywhere in Iceland could fit into Middle-Earth. Allegedly a lot of the terrain is based of parts of Iceland after Tolkien visited there! (Apologies for the image dump - photos from a trip there about 4 years ago!)
298211_2416043205917_2041405811_n.jpg
321013_2415875081714_1088780104_n.jpg
304849_2415884001937_116710069_n.jpg
Angmar, right there.