• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Making Maps

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

Smaug_Niphredil

Head of Moderation and Events
Staff member
Vala
Supporter
Credits
XP
Minigame servers are always looking for new maps for most of their games so why don't we make some? This could get us more players coming to this server because, usually, at the end or beginning of the game it says who the map was made by and it will say "This map was made by Minecraft Middle Earth". If players were on that amazing map then they might come and visit our server. This won't affect the building of Middle Earth because only a few members could work on the minigame maps or people could do it when they have nothing to be doing on MCME. It could also give a chance for adventurers to build. So, what do you think of this idea?

You know, this could work. Just go around the server and ask some people. Maybe you could organize stuff? I think the staff members might want to work on organizing stuff on the server and handle all the building on MCME before they could organize minigame builds.
Maybe try to find more info? Like how the builds should look like, what function they would have, how big they aproximatly need to be, etc...

Good luck man!

Well I'm pretty sure there Is like a rule (unwritten?) that people in this community do not want there to be a download of MCME, although this is not I'm guessing the map(s) would be of a place e.g. Rivendell which is kinda similar to a download as a server would have to have the map. I thought I should just say this... (I personally don't mind the idea)

The maps don't have to be of Middle Earth places and the MCME map won't be downloaded for anything. The maps could be a medieval city for a Survival Games, or could be for a game of Bridges, ect.

Do you want to sell or just make free maps with credits to MCME
(obv maps you sell can have credits too but just saying)

I think that the maps should be free because people would only make the maps for fun.

The money could go to the server, website ... costs. And people could still make it for fun

Do maps on servers get made by the server builders or from maps create by others?

Do maps on servers get made by the server builders or from maps create by others?
Maps are created by others and the server builders. I think that the server builder's job is to also review the maps that other people have created for them.

i dont think we get money involved in selling services, then legal issues could arise

I don't think we can sell, but we can still ask for advertisement or help for some plugins etc

There are a lot of buildteams and solo builders who do this though by selling things on websites and/or directly from the clients themselves, but if you guys say it's not possible no problem it was just an idea ;)