• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

MCME Christmas Band

What are your thoughts on the idea of an MCME band?

• This is a stupid A-- idea. Screw the twat who came up with it..

• This has to be the most amazing idea ever! Cant wait to see it put into action!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Arkengard

Moria Hall Professional
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
MCME Christmas Orchestra
Good day! Your third favorite guide Arkengard (Avery) here and I need some help to make the upcoming Christmas Season a truly memorable one in the lands of MCME. There have been many jokes and laughs at the idea of an MCME band through the four years we’ve been a community and I’ve recently decided to act upon this!
I just need a band to play a medley of famous Christmas jams that I am currently working on..
These tunes include:
  • Deck The Halls
  • Jingle Bells
  • Rudolph,The Red Nose Reindeer
  • Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
What I Need
I’m looking for a group of maybe fifteen people. This number is changeable and dependant on how many there are willing to help out with the project!
In the band, I'm looking for any traditional concert instruments. I will have a list of traditional instruments that I will most definitely need below. The nontraditional concert instruments may be a little more tricky to fit into the arrangement, however, they are still allowed! Just type the instruments you would like to participate with in the comments and I will add you to the list of people who would like to join!

Times & Requirements
You MUST be able to play the instrument you’ve chosen to participate with! If you are out of tempo and just totally off key the entire time, I'm very sorry but I will have to scrap your part ☹
So please practice a bit, make it sound nice, and the song will sound much more enjoyable! You can send me a recording of you playing AT ANY TIME.
Unfortunately our band cannot be all played at the same time. For that we would have to meet up somewhere from all across the world and I know most of us have busy lives and low funds so we have scrapped that idea :p
No, instead I (or someone better for the job) will be mixing in all of the participant’s parts to make one song. I will give you your pieces and tempos and if you follow them correctly this will work and turn out amazing!

Thank You!
This is a very new idea and will probably be slightly stressful, but I feel that this will be great fun to work on and even greater fun to listen to over and over again! I hope that you all help out if you can! Ask me any questions you need and I look forward to a great Christmas season with the lot of you :D - Avery

TRADITIONAL INSTRUMENTS
  • Flute
  • Oboe
  • Clarinet
  • Alto Sax
  • Bass Clarinet
  • Tenor Sax
  • Bassoon
  • Bari Sax
  • Trumpet
  • French Horn
  • Trombone
  • Euphonium
  • Tuba
  • Violin
  • Viola
  • Cello
  • Double Bass

Last edited:
*First favorite guide.
Why are there multiple votes allowed on the poll? It lets people like me answer with both.
I think the English Horn ought to count as a traditional ww.

I play alto - I'll join:) It would be cool to have enough songs that we could use the music as a soundtrack for any Christmas events we might have!

kfV5lcT.jpg

Um I play plenty of those but I think that would technically qualify as a religious thing. But if you want me to play a regular song, sure! :(

I play the tuba, however I might not sound so good. And also my school has only 1 tuba which another student plays, however mine might come by the time needed (hopefully).

Do you have several parts for each instrument? Could join with my clarinet or alto sax as well and recorder. :)
Definitely need a clarinet:0 but if you feel more comfortable for alto sax then I can totally make two parts :) you and @DSESGH

The ukulele and drums get no love. le cri ertim
Drums... They're the absolute worst things to write music for... But ukulele - that could work :D

Trombone here
Trombone! Woot! I do as well, sounds good :D

I play the tuba, however I might not sound so good. And also my school has only 1 tuba which another student plays, however mine might come by the time needed (hopefully).
A tuba of any sort would be decent. And if you need I can make your part easier! I'm gonna say around December sixtieenth is when I'll need all the recordings in! Hopefully It'll be in by then

Can I play the electric triangle?
Jk
No

Last edited by a moderator:
Now c'mon folks:D in order for this to work we need more people! Id appreciate it so much and once it's over you will too! :) please musicians!

I can do guitar and vocals quite easily. I also have a trumpet that I should be able to teach myself to play. (I used to have/play French horn so the skills should be transferable.)