• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

In Progress ~MCME~ custom adventuremap

BRASHEXODUS

Yellow Flower Puncher
Credits
XP
in the works is a custom adventuremap for the lovely server mcme with an automatic loadup of the resourcepack used in the game aswell as advanced sounds played throughout the map. you get to be a hobbit and go on different quests throughout the game. aswell as it has custom warping area aswell as custom credits/ending title.
when you first start up theres a custom added ingame menu selector that has "play game","special features", and other odds and ends.
pros- many quests to round out around 30 minutes/hour of gameplay

cons-may lag due to command blocks used aswell as i dont have a map i can use.

is there a download of a old version of the map used? if not its fine i can always make a crap version of mine XD

I'm assuming you got permission from a Staff member, specifically Q220 or Finrod?
well i thought i sent out the pm but i guess it didnt go through "poopy internet :c" but if they say its fine then i would continue. i just wanted to make a small adventure for players who played on this server for awhile.

It's imperative you get permission. It's no different than someone copying our builds etc. You're using MEME texture packs, I'd think you'd want staff permission before even making a post but that's just me.

Nevertheless I hope you get approved! I'd like to see the finished product. :)

It's imperative you get permission. It's no different than someone copying our builds etc. You're using MEME texture packs, I'd think you'd want staff permission before even making a post but that's just me.

Nevertheless I hope you get approved! I'd like to see the finished product. :)
yeah id like it to be a thing so people can see what they could accomplish in minecraft.

The probability of getting permission to download portions of the map for an adventure map is pretty low (no offense, as I really appreciate your ambition). We have maintained the policy over the years to keep our content to our server. In some ways you would be better off looking into ways to incorporate this role playing experience into the online server through plugins etc.

I like the idea of a new adventure map very much. But I would also like to add one point: I would like it even more to make an adventure map together! :)

Many members of the community will want to contribute in many ways:
  • Building some great, unique stuff
  • Creating some special textures (banners, heads, mobs, npcs?)
  • Making a storyline (Maybe something about Hobbits near the Gladden Fields who are about to cross the Misty Mountains or a story about Gollum finding The Ring)
  • Providing technical stuff like command blocks and/or plugins
Of course this would need quite some resources and would need to be discussed and decided about in a staff meeting. But a good proposal is the first step :p

I like the idea of a new adventure map very much. But I would also like to add one point: I would like it even more to make an adventure map together! :)

• Making a storyline (Maybe something about Hobbits near the Gladden Fields who are about to cross the Misty Mountains or a story about Gollum finding The Ring)
Of course this would need quite some resources and would need to be discussed and decided about in a staff meeting. But a good proposal is the first step :p
I, a member of the community, want to contribute in many ways. If this gets approved in a staff meeting, maybe have some sort of community gathering about it after? To get everyone on board.

that would be awesome. i could do a test video of a main menu concept i created and we could have a good storyline aswell c:

The probability of getting permission to download portions of the map for an adventure map is pretty low (no offense, as I really appreciate your ambition). We have maintained the policy over the years to keep our content to our server. In some ways you would be better off looking into ways to incorporate this role playing experience into the online server through plugins etc.
i know sadly plugins wont do the trick as youd have to create more resources into it. maybe in the future we could

What do you mean here?
well what im going to add is a better visual feel towards things using command blocks that run specific commands like particles ect. same with different enviorment sounds now the npc's is more effective on a server with citizens plugin and quest installed. its good but this is all completely vanilla hencing i wont use mods to further the thing. :)