• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

MCME Modded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew1608

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
With this server you can create a fantastic modded server or a modpack based on the Lord of the Rings.

We've already had this discussion several times in the past. If we use a modification like, say, the LOTR Mod, it will require everyone who joins the server to use the LOTR Mod, and some people don't know how to install mods. Also, this may cause more lag, with the massive amounts of structures, NPCs, items, etc. on our 30,000 x 27,000 (estimated) map, making the server unbearable for players.

Our focus and goal is to replicate and build Middle Earth as described by Tolkien. Sure, it would be cool to have mods and all, but they are of no use to us since we are working on building the world first. Maybe some day when everything is finished, then we might have mods and other things, but it is not this day and will most likely not happen for a long time

If you get past your wish that we had mods, I think you will find that we don't really need them (at least I did). Our builds are epic enough by themselves, and don't need flashy mods to support them.

Plus the lord of the rings mods I've seen would require some tweaking to be compatible with our map. That means we would have to direct our focus away from building.

Hope thks clears up why and why not though!

We've already had this discussion several times in the past. If we use a modification like, say, the LOTR Mod, it will require everyone who joins the server to use the LOTR Mod, and some people don't know how to install mods. Also, this may cause more lag, with the massive amounts of structures, NPCs, items, etc. on our 30,000 x 27,000 (estimated) map, making the server unbearable for players.
WesterosCraft uses some mods or other and it does'nt require people to install anything. But I have big lag issues despite my computer is rather godd.

WesterosCraft uses some mods or other and it does'nt require people to install anything. But I have big lag issues despite my computer is rather godd.
But u need a launcher there, which is installing said mods.

The launcher is actually even easier to use than resourcepacks :p . But there are still lag issues.

The launcher is actually even easier to use than resourcepacks :p . But there are still lag issues.
For the guys who have to install it yes. But not for the guys who have to make it, write a guide, encourage usage, update it, consider it's effects on publicity and accessability, choosing which mods, updating every build with each mod, fixing bugs,....
Some people on here don't controll their own email adress but the parents set it up and keep the pass. Happened 4 times already. I mean that's weird.

If people can't even find the ip to join on the servers because they don't bother searching and reading, then I'm sure that a modpack is like rocket science for them. So basically no, not yet. Unless it requires no end user operations.

But u need a launcher there, which is installing said mods.
Launchers are just about the easiest things to use and install, I hardly see the problem in not using them. It's like redownloading mc without paying money, with several extra perks (more blocks)...
I.e. Launchers already have resourcepacks in them, (already installed). It's way easier than learning how to download resourcepacks and etc., and in my opinion, way more efficient.

If you want to debate about modifications and launchers, do it in private messaging or make another thread, because this thread's purpose seems fulfilled. Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.