• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

MCME Timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone that checks it kind of regularly, I find it great, it's very useful to try and date builds and things but it's a shame not more build redo's are dated.

anyone still remembers some of the following dates?
- Ost-in-Edhil completion
- Helms Deep revamp
- Glittering Caves completion
- Isengard pasting to new map
- Argonath pasting to new map
- Emyn Muil completion
- Rauros falls completion
- Edoras completion
- Aldburg pasting to new map
- Nindalf completion
- Fenmarch completion
- Rohan completion
- Fírien Wood completion
- Drúadan Forest completion
- Beacon Hills completion

Anyone can edit it as long as they have a Google Account.....

That may cause problems
True, but you still need the link, which (for the time being) can only be obtained in this thread or from those who bookmarked it before the downfall. I'd appreciate if poeple don't give away the link to other people, especially not those who aren't members of MCME. This thread should provide enough for the appropriate people ;)

'The Great Website Server Crash' is marked as a general event. Why isn't it an important one....? The crash was quite large and devastating (in a computer way)

'The Great Website Server Crash' is marked as a general event. Why isn't it an important one....? The crash was quite large and devastating (in a computer way)
The original purpose was to have one colour for general events on the server. Seeing as it would make sense to have a different colour for events happening outside the server itself, i'll take it in concideration and probably modify it. However, i won't range the various events on level of importance. The timeline is just to get an overview of the progress of the server and its history, hence the important events doesn't need to stick out too much from the rest.

On another note, the original thread contained information about instructions, permissions and what not. I'll probably make a new post on this, but the idea was that everyone (members of MCME) can add their own joining/leaving date and potential artist/ranger/staff promotions in addition to general events. However, modifying the very structure and layout of the timeline should be requested in this thread and let me or other staffmembers implement them rather than doing it yourself before requesting it or asking for permission.

Why does it say koria joined in october of 2010? I remember his first day and I can assure you I don't have a time machine to travel back to a server I didn't know existed just to see him log in for the first time 8 months prior to me joining the server.

EDIT: and if we could get SMtg on there, that'd be great. She joined the day I did or the day after I did and was the fastest to ever be promoted to a staff rank (which would explain why I don't remember her name ever being white in the sea of droogs)

EDIT(again): it says the server updated to 1.2 beta on 5/4/2012. That needs to be fixed. Minecraft was fully released in november of 2011.

Last edited:
I removed the important events from the key but kept MCME founding and MCME 2.0 gold. I think those two events still need to stand out, when we started and when we started again.

I removed the important events from the key but kept MCME founding and MCME 2.0 gold. I think those two events still need to stand out, when we started and when we started again.
Yeah sure, those are ok. My point was that it'd be much effort demanded to firstly determine where the "importance line" goes, and secondly to go through the whole timeline finding those "importand" events. But as i said, those two can be an exception as they're both pretty essential.
But i'll go through it soon (when i've got time), and do some minor revamps trying to improve it. I'll make a post once that happens, where i'll probably state the different permissions and instructions etc. :)
Awesome iDwarf, i'll get on to it Done
Didn't change the version update as i need the real date in order to do that.

Last edited:
Typically bobingvar's timeline has been for those who have gone past Commoner rank this is not to say you can't add yourself, it was merely a way of avoiding 1000's of player posts for many who may or may not be active.

Status
Not open for further replies.