• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Contest MCME's Artwork Bonanza

Arothir_Alamáreo

Dirt Conaisseur
Commoner
Credits
XP
~MCME’s Artwork Bonanza~

By Arothir_Alamareo

Get your pencils, tablets, paints and paper ready because its time to draw!

giphy.gif

Mae Govannen people! And welcome to MCME's Artwork Bonanza! So if you know me, and elves in general, we kind of like to paint and be creative and express that creativity through art. Everyday I draw something new and I find its a rather nice way to relax and pass the time. But it gets a bit tiresome and I would love to see what the people of MCME are capable of. So this is what I am proposing.

We elves need some help in filling the halls of Imladris with art so, each fortnite a theme will be presented. This theme may be very well lotr themed or it could be something completely different or unique. With each theme, with each fortnight, we ask YOU the reader to publish your best piece of artwork to be pitted against the rest of the community. Each fortnite a winner will be selected along with a two runners up.

But what is the prize? I hear you ask, well I would of thought getting your art hung on the walls of Imladris' Hall of Fire was enough but ok. The winner will also have their artwork featured in an undisclosed location. Now heres the rules and boring stuff....

1. The Artwork can be any medium, this means it can be a painting, digital artwork, macaroni piece anything, if you made it its art. A disclaimer tho, minecraft builds will not be accepted but can be IF it is a screenshot of your own high quality build with shaders and the photo must be edited.

b)...no 2. The Artwork MUST be on theme, and your OWN WORK ,if it is not it will be deleted and you will be disqualified

3, or c). The limit is one artwork PER MEMBER, no submitting multiple pieces

And coming in at 4, or d) or the little iv in brackets they put in footnotes. The Artwork must comply with MCME's ToS, I do not want to see any offensive, NSFW or innapropriate artworks

5. Finally, subtmit your artwork within this thread in order for it to count and be judged :)

Starting theme:

To kick it all off will be a simple one, LOTR. can be from any of the films, anything from the books, doesnt matter as long as its tolkien!

The first judging will be on the 15th of August at 12am EST. And will continue on this time every 2 weeks.

And that is all! Lets see all you mini Vincent Van Gough's in the community! Good luck and may the odds be ever in your favour! wait....wrong franchise sorry.

so in that case....

Fantastic! Allons-y!

Last edited:
I guess I'll start this off. So I decided to make a little bit of a fancier version of the topo map from the dynmap and this is what I came up with.

Render (png).png

Note: The original file is an .svg so theres a lot more detail present thats not here but I can't upload an .svg to the forums. Also, I decided not the include rivers which does kinda look odd but including them really ruined the sense of scale.

It took me a long time to think of what to make artwork of. But to me, LOTR has always been about courage and hope. Sure you see it in the big battles against Sauron and Mordor in the trilogy. And then there's Sam, who fought Shelob despite thinking Frodo was dead, despite thinking the ring was lost, despite having nothing but a light and a sword. :)

art bonanza 1 psd.png

Here's my entry!
Medium: drawing tablet + Krita

PS. I have social media where I post my own art, so don't repost without permission ^_^

PPS. This is probably best viewed on mobile so that you can see the whole length of it :D

Last edited:
A98B2E78-8200-4477-BB11-CF5C604DCDC5.jpeg

I drew up a little dog I like to draw names ruffio and his friends dressed as the fellowship, I used traditional art (pencils and paper)

from left to right it goes: Pippin (hamster), Merry (hamster), Sam (Squirrel),Frodo (bunny), Legolas (Baby kaiju), Gimli(Bat), Aragorn (Ruffio the dog),Boromir (bull or cow), and Gandalf (UrRu).

This was a lot of fun to draw I hope you guys like it! I might color it sometimes.

SO after deliberation and tedious thinking we have decided to award the winner for the very first MCMe Artwork bonanza! The winner will be revealed in next weeks times edition! And of course thankyou to all of your other submissions, it was quite a tough choice.

This next fortnites theme is:

DORIATH! Show us your interpretation of the great halls of Thingol and the surrounding forests. Submissions will close on the the 6th of September. I am giving you an extra week so make sure to turn in some quality stuff!

Last edited:
" Over two hundred years passed before Elwë appeared again with his bride Melian, much changed since when last they saw him. While he had been fair and noble before, he now stood like a Maia above them as the tallest of the Children of Ilúvatar. " - Tolkien Gateway on Elu Thingol, who became King of Doriath
thingol 1.png

----------------------------------------------------------
thingol 2.png

Thingol grew Tall[SUP]TM[/SUP]

:D

Last edited:
ummmm this is INCREDIBLE wow
It took me a long time to think of what to make artwork of. But to me, LOTR has always been about courage and hope. Sure you see it in the big battles against Sauron and Mordor in the trilogy. And then there's Sam, who fought Shelob despite thinking Frodo was dead, despite thinking the ring was lost, despite having nothing but a light and a sword. :)

View attachment 19013

Here's my entry!
Medium: drawing tablet + Krita

PS. I have social media where I post my own art, so don't repost without permission ^_^

PPS. This is probably best viewed on mobile so that you can see the whole length of it :D

I mean I know it’s not that great, or half as good as the rest, but here’s my submission. A strange knight from a far away land takes in the view of Gondolin as he prepares to descent in the fertile valley and visit the city.
1E3B9C78-A408-49B3-B798-708583F74F95.jpeg

Another forntnight another theme, this weeks theme is special given the day on Tuesday. The theme is The Shire!

As a reminder, submissions close in 2 weeks on Saturday 4th October 4pm AEST.

Last edited:
Hello! This fortnight I'll be handling the Art Bonanza.

That being said, it's time for another fortnightly Art Bonanza! This fortnight's theme is Gondor! There are endless possibilities, so I'm excited to see what you come up with. Additionally, you may send your piece in #creations-feedback as well as post it in this Art Bonanza thread. I will be checking both this thread and the channel for your submissions. Happy creating!

Whenever someone mentions the South Kingdom, the first thing that comes to mind is the White Tree of Gondor, that's why I chose to make a small craft of it.
It was made using polymer clay and it's 12cm tall.
The chipped branch at the top is a metaphor of all the hardships Gondor (and the tree itself) has been through and definitely not a tragic accident.

Gondor Tree.jpg