• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Meat textures

findekano

Yellow Flower Puncher
Credits
XP
I was bored, and just sort of experimented with some textures. Since Matt abstained from meat textures, I felt that these would be worth posting. First beef.

Raw:

W7ptQO1.png

MTaGYiJkpBZ7SI_ZMvU9dKscvYO2hKunbX71aHhkSJzqtzdhPIJtvRqJKcfdyuj8yTRLXDadmouwcRVBDiE3

and cooked:
99h6wTS.png

UjBwLne.png

this I feel less happy with, but the main element added would be grill marks, which are not lore accurate, roasted beef is pretty much a brown slab, as portrayed here.
HJfsnIg.png

tTzRcTXuUjkCOgfQTt07Vug_fPOz2xamUZS_grn8dQnykwlPVnvdb2WHEspU8ajpTPqRcWdXx_pjCVjEreqDRB8

Any feedback or suggestions are most welcome

Last edited:
well, this was my 'research'
steak-cooked.jpg
The only thing I could add would be the fat, and the yellow doesn't translate very well into minecraft. Also I am becoming more and more content with the cooked as I play with it ingame.

Last edited:
Ah, I am only joking around. ;p Thank you for making this texture for MCME! =D

Some general pointers that I think will help:
  • Having an outline is good.
  • Contrast in colour and shade is good. I think that you should make the spots a darker shade (use a 1x1 burn brush) and have some yellow or red blended in on the side (one dab of a 2x2 colour overlay brush).

This is the updated cooked beef texture. Thanks for all the feedback!

UjBwLne.png
This is looking better! It lacks the depth that you pulled off in the raw one, though. Is there a reason it's shape differs so much from the raw version?

Also, its corners are pretty hard and obtuse. I might try helping the curves be a bit more organic by taking away a few corner pixels here and there.

Just a few thoughts. :)

I have been busy recently, but I was wondering first whether I should submit these on github, and also the way one does that, as my attempt failed pitifully.

Something must have went wrong on GitHub's side then. =p It was showing me that some of your textures were 160x160, obviously a glitch as I see them properly now.

submitted for Eriador, I am not sure if I should have changed the ones in the UI, given that the most recent UI no longer has the meat textures, but the UI in Eriador does.

It was removed from the UI in the latest commit, q told me to input it separately, but the UI hadn't been updated, which is why I asked my question (the UI folder in the Eriador pack), it has been now, so all is good.

Last edited: