• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Minecraft (and other games) Music

What do you listen to when you play Minecraft (servers, single player, any 'game mode')?

• The Minecraft Music

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I talk with people on voice chat

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

awaywind

Experienced Member
Commoner
Credits
XP
Video game music is awesome (though I think soundtracks to films can be a little more amazing at times) and the music created by C418 for Minecraft certainly creates a mood for Minecraft. So, in this thread I wanted a little discussion on Minecraft music (the more synthy, think Stranger Things, type of music) v. other game music (Assassin's Creed, Zelda, full orchestration type) music; do you like Minecraft music (why? what mood do you get from it or nothing at all?) or should it be changed (and how); and a poll on if you play with the music, and if not what do you listen to?

This is purely for just wondering, I will take both albums of MC music into account (the Alpha and Beta albums you can find on youtube, spotify, etc.) and definitely recommend video game scores if you think it will be helpful!

I personally despise the Minecraft music. I know it’s very well made and people love it, but it’s just too bland for me to like. I don’t think it should be changed, but maybe add more tracks that add a different style of music or something like that. I prefer listening to music on the radio when I play, but I do listen to some Super Mario Galaxy music at time. The reason why I love it so much is that it is fully orchestrated and very upbeat and happy.

I usually play minecraft with no music on at all, neither the vanilla music which you've heard quite a lot if you like me have played minecraft nearly daily since 2011 nor other music. But occasionally when I do some long and/or repetetive job in the game or go for a walk on MCME I usually put this playlist on shuffle and listen to that whilst I work/walk.