• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Minecraft Middle Earth in the Rift!

I'm sure that video footage would look pretty awesome if i was watching it with an Oculus Rift.
But it still looks really cool as is.

Last edited:
I just love the idea of being actually emerged in minecraft via the Oculus. I mean, to choose to see MCME through it is just super awesome.
Adds a whole new dynamic to our builds and the importance of our small details. Absolutely love it :'D

I just love the idea of being actually emerged in minecraft via the Oculus. I mean, to choose to see MCME through it is just super awesome.
Adds a whole new dynamic to our builds and the importance of our small details. Absolutely love it :'D

There's supposed to be an update for the mod at the end of this week. Improves the scale of everything a lot, and makes it super awesome. This is coming from the mod creator btw. Really excited to come back and see some things I didn't see soon!

Just a quick question: What else do I have to absolutely see? What's some of the most spectacular builds out there?

Just a quick question: What else do I have to absolutely see? What's some of the most spectacular builds out there?
Isengard /warp isengard, Helms deep /warp helms deep, Moria (some people like it, others don't. The warp's /warp xmoria), Lothlorien /warp loth, and Argonath /warp argonath

Awesome! Can't wait to see it!
To avoid your previous resource pack mistake, the proper packs for those suggestions are:
  • Isengard - Rohan
  • Paths of the Dead - Gondor
  • Lothlorien - Lothlorien
  • Edoras - Rohan
  • Helms Deep - Rohan
  • Moria - Eriador (Keep in mind that this is waaayyy outdated, so its build quality is not as good. Its impressive because of sheer size)
  • Argonath - Not sure about this one, it's either Rohan or Gondor. Though, considering that it's stone, both would work
A few more suggestions from my personal favorites:
  • Ithilien - Gondor (In my opinion, North Ithilien is more beautiful because of the trees, but South is great too)
  • Hobbiton, Bywater, and Longlceeve - Eriador (They make the favorites list not because of size, but because, if you try to get immersed in them, they make you feel the peacefulness of the Shire)
  • The Minas Tirith basements - Gondor (A lot of new people have no idea these exist, but they are quite expansive and are worth exploring)
Even though the major cities and landmarks get mentioned as people's favorites, be sure to explore the small details and villages too. There are villages throughout the Shire, Rohan and Gondor, and our build staff spend vast amounts of time making sure the terrain is as good as it can be. Also, every house and building has a full interior and a purpose. These details are not what people are amazed by, but without them MCME would not be as good as it could be. Sometimes, since the small things don't have a huge impact in the movies or books, they can go largely unnoticed and can be under-appreciated.

If you know all this already, then just disregard it:p

Last edited:
To avoid your previous resource pack mistake, the proper packs for those suggestions are:
  • Isengard - Rohan
  • Paths of the Dead - Gondor
  • Lothlorien - Lothlorien
  • Edoras - Rohan
  • Helms Deep - Rohan
  • Moria - Eriador (Keep in mind that this is waaayyy outdated, so its build quality is not as good. Its impressive because of sheer size)
  • Argonath - Not sure about this one, it's either Rohan or Gondor. Though, considering that it's stone, both would work
A few more suggestions from my personal favorites:
  • Ithilien - Gondor (In my opinion, North Ithilien is more beautiful because of the trees, but South is great too)
  • Hobbiton, Bywater, and Longlceeve - Eriador (They make the favorites list not because of size, but because, if you try to get immersed in them, they make you feel the peacefulness of the Shire)
  • The Minas Tirith basements - Gondor (A lot of new people have no idea these exist, but they are quite expansive and are worth exploring)
Even though the major cities and landmarks get mentioned as people's favorites, be sure to explore the small details and villages too. There are villages throughout the Shire, Rohan and Gondor, and our build staff spend vast amounts of time making sure the terrain is as good as it can be. Also, every house and building has a full interior and a purpose. These details are not what people are amazed by, but without them MCME would not be as good as it could be. Sometimes, since the small things don't have a huge impact in the movies or books, they can go largely unnoticed and can be under-appreciated.

If you know all this already, then just disregard it:p
Yeah, Long Cleeve is my favorite place on the server hands down, just because it's completely different from the average hobbit town. Definitely a place to check out!

There's a random cliffside town in westernmost Rohan that totally blew my mind the first time I stumbled across it. It'd probably look great in the Rift. And be sure to check out Finrod's amazing ongoing work in the Misty Mountains too.