• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Mistaking Freebuilds for Themebuilds

Aule_

Moria Hall Professional
Credits
XP
I'm only a thrall but I've noticed quite a few people when applying for commoner rank are submitting free builds instead of theme builds. They seem to think that taking part in concept designs for trees and houses constitute as a themebuild. I thought I'd just highlight this, in case there's something we can do to make it more clear to people. the difference between a freebuild and themebuild. So as to people don't waste there time building things, and submitting wrong applications.

We could do a little highlight in next weeks MCME Times just a thought.

It seems like no one actually reads the guides. I've even seen other commoners ask questions that are pretty explicitly outlined in the New Player, Commoner, or Theme Build guides.

Yeah, it's pretty depressing that so many people ignore the guides. I would still say they aren't as ignorant as the guy who asked "What world is this server based on"? AFTER HE HAD LOGGED ON!
Maybe it was better to put the whitelist, I still have to read the thread dedicated.

Yeah, it's pretty depressing that so many people ignore the guides. I would still say they aren't as ignorant as the guy who asked "What world is this server based on"? AFTER HE HAD LOGGED ON!

The there was the guy who said he spent 1+ hours guessing the quiz, instead of reading the guide. He proceeded to question everyone about the rules and declared them stupid, then wanted to build in Osgiliath. I don't think I've seen him since. (probably OB'd or banned)

Even if u gues the question u can learn a bit but those guys dont D:

If people dont read the well made guide that clearly states how to go about doing Themed Builds, then that is their problem when they get denied because the resources are easily accessible if you just sit down and read for 30 seconds

This thread should also be moved to the discussion section