• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Canceled MITHLONDEL's Cancelled Guide Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

MITHLONDEL

Builds diagonally
Supporter
Credits
XP
Minecraft Username : MITHLONDEL (Moose-londel)
Date Joined :
July something, 2019
What country are from / What time do you usually play online: Murica. I dont usually play at any time my work and sleep schedule are as unhinged as my humor or lacketherof depending on your taste is.
Are you regularly on our voice communication? I used to not be but im getting more and more into it
Do you talk on our voice communication? Yes

Why would you like to be a Guide?
Iv'e been here for a long time and it could be funni
What makes a great Guide according to you?

I think a good guide is many things. First, but not necessarily foremost, a guide recognizes their mistakes and limitations, such as how my jest response to the prompts above may not appear to have been made of the utmost sincerity. However, a guide also, I think, can have a bit of their personality shine through during the events they run. Although everyone's experience in life is different, showing a sense of identity to the people you are guiding can be beneficial in connecting with audiences new and old. Furthermore, guides need to have a sense of what they are doing. Although some may confuse the name of one place for another, they might know where each one is; and vice-a-verse-ly, one that might not know where things might be but might know a lot about them as to educate people on what those places are. Every guide has a unique set of strengths and weaknesses, but I think a great guide embraces both as does the best they can with what they have and learn to do and be better as they go along.
What are your strengths and weaknesses in relation to the Guide role?
Possibly my greatest weakness is that I sometimes have no filter, as perhaps some of my temporary mutings or bans may suggest. Also I live in a very hot climate with fairly cold winters, and sometimes a bit of background noise to ensure I do not sweat like a wet mop or freeze like the very few glaciers that survive anywhere near where I live. Furthermore my schedule shifts, so sometimes I may be more active and other times I may not. However, I try to keep an established connection with the community. Furthermore I do enjoy helping people, so when people ask for help walking from place to place or with lore that I know I can answer (maybe not to a degree as some but reasonably so nonetheless; I have performed relatively well in lore quizzes) or even a basic question about how the server works up to my own capabilities, I am able to respond hopefully not only swiftly but also accurately.
What experience have you had on MCME?
I have been on MCME since mid 2019, so almost 4 years now. Iv'e had a few rocky roads and bad moments, as many of us long time members have had. However, with all the downs I have had many ups as well. I have seen many great builds and even helped on a few here and there. I have become well adversed with the lingo and culture the server has created stemming from the wonderful worlds of lord of the rings and minecraft. However, above all, I think I have established a reasonable sense of community here. Many people come and go but many stay also, and all good and things of not a terrible degree of bad, I have met some great people. I used to think I would not be able to be involved enough, but I feel like I have, I have finally reached that point. So regardless if I am accepted or not, it is something I am excited to pursue.

Oh and uh

bandicam 2023-07-12 19-58-52-251.jpg

bandicam 2023-07-12 19-36-19-748.jpg
bandicam 2023-07-12 19-36-43-903.jpg

Attachments

• bandicam 2023-07-12 19-31-32-530.jpg
    bandicam 2023-07-12 19-31-32-530.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 91
theres actually no way
this is simply impossible
id just promote him rn
based guide

Last edited:
Hello Mith

Thank you for applying for the rank of Guide.

We are in the process of reviewing your application and discussing it. You may be asked to carry out a trial period. This includes running minigames, tours, it events, some of which will be expected to be ran through voice chat on discord.

We'll get back to you soon. For now, if you have any other queries, please direct them towards myself, or any of the current guides

I applied seeing that maybe I would be able to fulfill the role of a guide, and although I may be able to fill out the technical requirements of that role, I have found rather quickly that I do not have the proper courtesies fit of a team member. I intend to further pursue running tours and minigames and joining jobs and being a part of the community as a whole, but I am afraid I must pull a Mershy card here (luv ya Mershy) and step down from this venture for the time being. I may be somewhat of an epic gamer, but I have decided I no longer intend to be a guide.

Mith this is highly mature application and response. This shows you have come a long way since joining this community. I really do hope that you will apply for Guide in the future as I think you would fit the role perfectly.

Believe in yourself, and I do hope one day, when you feel it is right to see you in teal!

-A

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.