• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Mobs

Should I make more mobs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So I designed a creeper variant ;)

Here is my thought process:

uoIflgT.png

1) Paths of the Dead Creeper: Use in Gondor and Rohan given the proximity to the paths of the dead.

J2XtrOa.png

2) Barrow Wight Creeper: Use in Eriador given proximity to barrows. This can also be used in the remaining packs (lothlorien, mordor, moria) as it is less specific to the lore per say.

Moving on! I need feedback/opinions

Steve Head - Frodo? Other option is I make by region "commoners" but that is a lot more work. Does anybody know if there are MCME original Frodo skins lying around?

Zombie - Orc or severed head? The orc would make the mob a little more realistic but the severed head might be more useful as a texture. That being said the severed head can be added with @Eriol_Eandur 's Architect plugin once it is added. Thoughts?

I have a Frodo head in my head collection, so that must mean there is a Frodo skin somewhere.

I think zombie would be cool as orcs/goblin since we already have uruk armor (that looks like a true uruk).
What about Iron golem into troll ?

I think zombie would be cool as orcs/goblin since we already have uruk armor (that looks like a true uruk).
What about Iron golem into troll ?
I have mixed feeling about retexturing mobs to be LOTR related...

With a lot of these textures the "mob shape" would not really fit the actual "creature shape." To use your example I am concerned that an iron golem retextured as a troll would just look silly, given the ridiculously long arm proportions. With some creatures it works, like both the re-textured creepers as wraiths, but there are a lot of gaps. Below is my thinking:

Good:
Skeleton = Skeleton (done)
Wither Skeleton = Armored Skeleton (w​
Spider = Brown Spider
Cave Spider = Grey Spider
Dragon = Smaug
Polar Bear = Grizzly Bear
Horse = Horse
Donkey = Donkey
Mule = Mule
Skeleton Horse = Nazgul Horse​
Silverfish = Rat
Endermite = Mouse​
Ocelot = Cat
Wolf = Wolf
Pig = Boar
Villager = Villager

Maybe:
Stray Skeleton (new!) = Orc Skeleton?
Zombie Pigman = Nazgul?
Zombie = Orc?
Husk (new!) = Orc Variant?
Zombie Villager = ??​
Iron Golem = Troll? Ent?
Wither Boss = Wraith Variant?

Unknown:
Enderman = ??
Blaze = ??
Guardian = ??
Elder Guardian = ??​
Mooshroom = ??
Magma Cube = ??
Slime = ??
Shulker = ??
Snow Golem = ??

I would really appreciate feedback and mob ideas, especially from a certain @Finrod_Amandil . I am of course going to start with the primary mobs with useable heads, and gradually progress towards the others. I figure if I am going to make some might as well work towards doing them all so that we have a "complete" experience.

Last edited:
I have mixed feeling about retexturing mobs to be LOTR related...

With a lot of these textures the "mob shape" would not really fit the actual "creature shape." To use your example I am concerned that an iron golem retextured as a troll would just look silly, given the ridiculously long arm proportions. With some creatures it works, like both the re-textured creepers as wraiths, but there are a lot of gaps. Below is my thinking:

Good:
Skeleton = Skeleton (done)
Wither Skeleton = Armored Skeleton (w​
Spider = Brown Spider
Cave Spider = Grey Spider
Dragon = Smaug
Polar Bear = Grizzly Bear
Horse = Horse
Donkey = Donkey
Mule = Mule
Skeleton Horse = Nazgul Horse​
Ocelot = Cat
Wolf = Wolf
Villager = Villager

Maybe:
Stray Skeleton (new!) = Orc Skeleton?
Silverfish = rat?
Endermite = mouse?​
Zombie = Orc?
Husk (new!) = Orc Variant?
Zombie Villager = ??​
Iron Golem = Troll? Ent?
Wither Boss = Wraith Variant?

Unknown:
Enderman = ??
Zombie Pigman = ??
Blaze = ??
Guardian = ??
Elder Guardian = ??​
Mooshroom = ??
Magma Cube = ??
Slime = ??
Shulker = ??
Snow Golem = ??

I would really appreciate feedback and mob ideas, especially from a certain @Finrod_Amandil . I am of course going to start with the primary mobs with useable heads, and gradually progress towards the others. I figure if I am going to make some might as well work towards doing them all so that we have a "complete" experience.
I was trying to edit the elder guardian but meh i can't edit his shape (i wanted to do the warden of moria west gate), maybe the enderman can be ent. For villagers we can retexture them as dwarves/elves/human like we did in fable of the wizard (maybe the baby villager into hobbits) ender dragon into flyning nazgul thing, the bear instead of using it as bear we could do a worg