• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Mobs

Should I make more mobs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fireinferno13

One Of Us, One of Us
Commoner
Credits
XP
Disclaimer: So I know the server normally doesn't focus on random textures not made for building. That being said we could use a "skeleton head" texture and I thought why not make the body to go with it.

Filename: skeleton
Resource Pack: All
Texture image:
82xKZxc.png

Ingame:
l9fWEsa.png
CGkCPFY.png

If I were to continue with mob textures (specifically those with useable heads), any requests? Helmets? Rotting heads? Skull variant?

It would be nice to retexture the human head into a beheaded head (some blood, and more realistic)
For Mordor and for every orcs camp or easterlings/haradrims

I could maybe use some mobs in PVP if you texture the other ones. I'm not sure exactly how right now, but it could be cool.

It would be nice to retexture the human head into a beheaded head (some blood, and more realistic)
For Mordor and for every orcs camp or easterlings/haradrims
Architect plugin will enable us to use an unlimited number of different heads for building So just make all head textures you ever dreamed of ;)

Architect plugin will enable us to use an unlimited number of different heads for building So just make all head textures you ever dreamed of ;)
In that case perhaps I will start small. My current thinking:

Skeleton:
  • Mob: Skeleton
  • Head: Skull
Wither Skeleton:
  • Mob: Armored Skeleton
  • Head: Skull w/Helmet
Zombie:
  • Mob: Orc/Uruk-Hai (based on region)
  • Head: Orc/Uruk Head
Creeper:
  • Mob: Wraith
  • Head: Scary Face
Steve:
  • Skin: Soldier (based on region)
  • Head: Helmet

Last edited:
Creeper:
  • ???
You could maybe try to make it an upside-down head or something funny like that just to put in places where people have been executed or something, or maybe still make it upside down, but just use the skeleton head textures and flip them for use in the paths of the dead, if voxel does this, you could maybe use it to go through and switch some of the skulls to the upside down one.

On that subject, maybe with the architect plugin, you could make "sideways" heads with the textures rotated 90° on front and back, and have the top, bottom and side textures moved over one side for more free use with skulls.

If voxel can rotate heads though, this message is completely pointless and I will be very very sad.

Steve:
  • Skin: Soldier (based on region)
  • Head: Helmet
By this do you mean an empty helmet, for shelves and stuff, or would there be a face? Also for the wither skeleton, would you wait until after we can use the architect so the hints in the potd can be replaced?
That also gets me thinking … we could use the architect's head feature for all sorts of rp-only helmets and other things that go on your head, if anyone was inclined to make such textures.

Last edited:
By this do you mean an empty helmet, for shelves and stuff, or would there be a face? Also for the wither skeleton, would you wait until after we can use the architect so the hints in the potd can be replaced?
That also gets me thinking … we could use the architect's head feature for all sorts of rp-only helmets and other things that go on your head, if anyone was inclined to make such textures.

I guess for now Steve can just be a basic adventurer skin (with the head included), later on I can make some helmets (without the head) as I dont think it will take that long.

Speaking of which here is the Wither Skeleton head (aka skeleton w/helmet), thoughts?
bnFf7M8.png

You could maybe try to make it an upside-down head or something funny like that just to put in places where people have been executed or something, or maybe still make it upside down, but just use the skeleton head textures and flip them for use in the paths of the dead, if voxel does this, you could maybe use it to go through and switch some of the skulls to the upside down one.

On that subject, maybe with the architect plugin, you could make "sideways" heads with the textures rotated 90° on front and back, and have the top, bottom and side textures moved over one side for more free use with skulls.

If voxel can rotate heads though, this message is completely pointless and I will be very very sad.
No it is not voxel, but with tons of commands you can (also in vanilla MC) turn armorstands invisible and rotate the head on it as you want.

I wonder if it might be possible to make a creeper look like a creeping( on all fours) Gollum/Smeagol or non-Uruk orc.
Possibly a Moria orc ?
Maybe the sizes/proportions would be too comical.
Myself being heavily influenced by Jackson's Gollum as brought to life by Andy Serkis, I don't really see Gollum standing up unless necessary. So being on all fours might work for him.
Could contrast the Uruk's upright design too.

Just throwing some ideas out there

I wonder if it might be possible to make a creeper look like a creeping( on all fours) Gollum/Smeagol or non-Uruk orc.
Possibly a Moria orc ?
Myself being heavily influenced by Jackson's Gollum as brought to life by Andy Serkis, I don't really see Gollum standing up unless necessary. So being on all fours might work for him.

With the architect plugin made by our beloved @Eriol_Eandur we can have every kind of head.

No it is not voxel, but with tons of commands you can (also in vanilla MC) turn armorstands invisible and rotate the head on it as you want.
Achitect plugin features convenient editing of armor stands for Artists and also Adventurer during jobs and at their plots (plotbuilds and themed builds). For example you can choose to rotate the head with '/armor r h' and then rotate the head by clicking at it with a stick in hand.

Heads (placed for decoration, not at armor stands) can be rotated around y-axis only. So if you want ot turn it upside down you have to make a new texture. Architect plugin provides a command to submit your current head for use at MCME: '/chead submit' Our Head Designer will check submitted heads and may add it to the MCME Head Collection. You can then obtain that head with '/get head <headname>'
Full Architect manual can be found >>here<<.

Last edited:
yes i guess indeed. btw i dont really recognise the gray thing on the skull as an helmet, imo it now looks for like a cap
Thank you for your constructive criticism........... the texture is a WIP I just wanted feedback after a day's work

Possibly a Moria orc ?

I'm not that creative or skilled with designing mobs. That being said I intend to make the "zombie" texture to be an orc.

@Eriol_Eandur once the Architect is officially unveiled I would be happy to create some helmets, severed heads, etc..