• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Mojang is apparently banning certain donation perks on servers

This is aimed at servers that sell VIP passes of fortune 30 diamond picks for real money. If mcme made players pay to rank up or to get the textures then it would apply. As far as I understand though, we do not apply. Our perks don't give any player an advantage in pvp/survival/other mini games we might host. I have not donated so I am not entirely aware of the abilities they have but selling perks doesn't seem to be what we are doing. Also the donations are strictly for server costs and give no personal gain to q.

The eula doesn't really target any specific scenarios, so yes it applies.
The parts of it being talked about are aimed at preventing people selling content that Mojang have made (items, mechanics, etc), which is exactly what 'donation' perks are.

This isn't a new 'thing' really, they just re-worded some stuff for 1.7.10. Whether or not (and/or how) Mojang intend to enforce it is what seems to be up in the air at the moment, and subject to a lot of rumours/speculation.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only way this would apply to MCME is that, if you donate $50, you get the ability to summon and ride a horse. That said, spawning a horse out of thin air, as MCME does, is not a core Minecraft feature, so it is questionable whether it is even applicable. And horses are not particularly useful since Commoner+ has the ability to fly. It really has no implications for this server.

That being said, Mojang may not have much leg to stand on if they actually try to enforce it, as the EULA is fixed at the time the game is sold, and if it did not specifically forbid this behavior then they cannot enforce it. Plus the fact that these servers control these perks by the use of mods, which means you are knowingly not playing on a stock Minecraft server to begin with and have no expectation of the same level of quality or access. As much as I admire Mojang's intentions, I don't think it's enforceable. It would be a legal mess even if it was, and it's not worth Mojang's time or money.