• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Canceled Monster_Duck's Tour Badge Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster_Duck

Yellow Flower Puncher
Supporter
Credits
XP
Hello, my name is Monster_Duck, and although I have chosen to pursue the path of artist I would still love to be able to give tours like the guides do.

I joined the server on January 28 of 2019, and since then I have been online for 8 days (yikes)

I am currently a commoner currently under watch list to be artist.

I have enjoyed seeing tour guides who know a lot about the lore of the location in Middle Earth, and also when they recognize the builders of it. I think a good tour guide must be able to communicate well. It is also paramount that they can control a group and keep them going. Knowing lore is necessary for a good tour as well.

I want this badge so I can show new players a piece of Middle Earth in a controlled environment. I think going on a tour or having a job when a new player first joins greatly increases the chance of them staying, and if I can get two or three players to become regulars that would be a big accomplishment for me. Doing tours would also be fun for me. It would give me motivation to learn as much as I can about a location. I would also get out in the MCME map and find my way around better than I do currently, since most of my time is spent building in confined areas.

Hello Monster_Duck! There are some problems regarding your tour badge application which I would like to tell you:

Sorry but you should probably read the requirements for this one, you have to be artist or higher to be able to get this badge. Therefore I'll close this application for the time being until you reach a higher rank and you can re-open it again.

Greetings @Monster_Duck.

(Now, I've had a word with the guides about this and we feel you should still be considered for the badge. So ignore what @Jonatanknalle said above)

Thank you for applying for the tours badge.

The guides will discuss your application, and if we deem necessary, we will give you a trial tour.
The trial tour can be of any location you like, but must be done with through discord with a mic.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask myself or any of the other current guides.

Kind Regards
- The Guides

Hi, @Monster_Duck,

We'd like to thank you for applying for this badge and doing a trial tour for us however we have decided not to give it to you at this time though we would encourage you to reapply in a month or so.

To help you in you next application we have some constructive criticism based on what we saw in you trial tour today:
  • Firstly we'd like to see you include both more server lore and more Tolkien's lore. We thought that you didn't answer some of the questions asked in as much detail as we like to see and there were some questions you just didn't answer. You can find server lore here and you can find some useful lore links here. It's very important you answer questions and it's almost more important that you answer one question at a time rather than jumping between questions as this can mess up the flow of the tour. And remember it's OK not to know things, you can always look them up after the tour or let people explore on their own a little to give you a chance to look up the answer.
  • Secondly we'd like to see you take better control of your tours, this tour was good but it was a little more chaotic than we prefer. To help keep you tours under control you could try encouraging people to keep chat as clear as possible, only use voice chat when needed and to ask in game chat to speak on discord. It is important to remember however that muting some one is not always the best way to resolve something, a little background noise is almost unavoidable.
  • Lastly, we'd like to see you remain calmer during your tours. People on tours can be annoying but it's important you don't get too aggravated as this could impact the tour and player's MCME experience in a negative way. MCME is a place for fun and it's good to remember that.
Although we've had to deny your application this time we can see that you have the potential to give excellent tours, you just need to work on it a little more. We don't want you to think that because we've denied your app we won't help you, if you have any questions about how to improve or why your application was denied this time you can ask us either here or through a discord PM.

Thank you for you application and we hope to see you reapply in the near future

~The Guide Team

Hi, @Monster_Duck,

We'd like to thank you for applying for this badge and doing a trial tour for us however we have decided not to give it to you at this time though we would encourage you to reapply in a month or so.

To help you in you next application we have some constructive criticism based on what we saw in you trial tour today:
  • Firstly we'd like to see you include both more server lore and more Tolkien's lore. We thought that you didn't answer some of the questions asked in as much detail as we like to see and there were some questions you just didn't answer. You can find server lore here and you can find some useful lore links here. It's very important you answer questions and it's almost more important that you answer one question at a time rather than jumping between questions as this can mess up the flow of the tour. And remember it's OK not to know things, you can always look them up after the tour or let people explore on their own a little to give you a chance to look up the answer.
  • Secondly we'd like to see you take better control of your tours, this tour was good but it was a little more chaotic than we prefer. To help keep you tours under control you could try encouraging people to keep chat as clear as possible, only use voice chat when needed and to ask in game chat to speak on discord. It is important to remember however that muting some one is not always the best way to resolve something, a little background noise is almost unavoidable.
  • Lastly, we'd like to see you remain calmer during your tours. People on tours can be annoying but it's important you don't get too aggravated as this could impact the tour and player's MCME experience in a negative way. MCME is a place for fun and it's good to remember that.
Although we've had to deny your application this time we can see that you have the potential to give excellent tours, you just need to work on it a little more. We don't want you to think that because we've denied your app we won't help you, if you have any questions about how to improve or why your application was denied this time you can ask us either here or through a discord PM.

Thank you for you application and we hope to see you reapply in the near future

~The Guide Team
It was the best tour I've had in months

It was the best tour I've had in months

We understand this and yes it was a good tour but we have our reasons and while some may not like them we made this decision for a reason. If this is what you feel you can message @Eriol_Eandur , @Soars or myself (@TI_020601) so we can clarify why this was the conclusion we came to. I'd also like to remind you that we are encouraging him to try again so hopefully he'll give it another shot.

Please note application threads aren't a place to discuss who deserves what or to give opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.