• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Mordor Terrain

It makes sense geologically (as Eyjafjallajökull showed us 200mi is a laughable distance for volcano ash, not even including wind and water) and produces some great visuals.
I like the idea - even if it's just for a part of Nurn (like the Noth-West shore as the "Black Beaches")
Minas Tirith is like at 100 miles

It makes sense geologically (as Eyjafjallajökull showed us 200mi is a laughable distance for volcano ash, not even including wind and water) and produces some great visuals.
I like the idea - even if it's just for a part of Nurn (like the Noth-West shore as the "Black Beaches")
true, true

Yes. It is also separated from the volcanic wasteland by a (pretty much) solid wall of rock. The only way surface winds or water could exit the plateau of Gorgoroth would be the opening to the South-East - into Nurn.
mount dom is higher of the mountains near it, the ash would fly above the mountains very easilly

mount dom is higher of the mountains near it, the ash would fly above the mountains very easilly
Some ash rains here and there of course. However if you consider possible (general) winds like the see breeze from Ethir Anduin and the wind streaming back from the valley of Rohan (from the winds caught against the Misty Mountains) pushing against the ash clouds and the Ephel Dúath you can come up with a logical explanation why the White City isn't blackened yet.
[Disclaimer: I have no idea if such wind systems would actually exist if Middle Earth was a real place, but from my amateur knowledge they don't sound illogical.]

I don't have much to say about the volcanic sand, but that it seems interesting, and another example of lore vs. realism.

@Tyranystrasz is there any other particular terrain textures that you want or need? The sooner you can answer, the sooner I can make 'em.

I don't have much to say about the volcanic sand, but that it seems interesting, and another example of lore vs. realism.

@Tyranystrasz is there any other particular terrain textures that you want or need? The sooner you can answer, the sooner I can make 'em.
something for gorgoroth, something like dirt, i tried to used our dirt already but it looks pretty bad.

Another update from the terrain team. Even if we are far away from reach the end of our work we do have some new stuff.
cZhpDB5.png

EGKAReT.png