• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

On Hold **Mordor**

BWOT

One Of Us, One of Us
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
~:~|~:~ Mordor ~:~|~:~
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Project Leader: BWOT
Co-Leader: barteldvn
Project Staff: Wroxxite, Eriol_Eandur, Dav3ck, Credoo

Discussion Thread
The thread to discuss in general the project, comment on any updates or any other non-announcement topic.

Project Announcement Thread
The to update the public of announcements to do with the project.
Link: https://www.mcmiddleearth.com/threads/mordor.5245/

Project Planning Post
The thread is the direct plans to the project.
Link: https://www.mcmiddleearth.com/threads/mordor-the-dark-lands.4811/

More in Depth Information:

Mordor is fairly windy and the mountain ranges encircling it change the direction often. This means on the mountains (on the exposed faces) there needs to be a lot of wind erosion. Mordor is mostly considered in the desert biome however the outside ridges are considered from srub to needleleaf with some broadleaf in the south. The temperature is fairly warm, resulting in most likely an arid feel, with lots of draughts, dried up rivers and etc. The elevation ranges from below sea level near Nurn to around 2 miles above sea level.

I recognize these diagrams from the famous paper 'The Climate of Middle-earth' by 'Radagast the Brown'. I must say however, that that source is utter nonsense. Even though it was written by someone from the Bristol university. Even though he probably knows more about climate models than anyone else, he knows nothing about the lore of Middle-earth, which makes the source unreliable. A quick example, Tolkien mentioned that the Shire was located on the latitude of the Oxfordshire:
QpwUg3c.png

Mr Radagast the Brown randomly located the Shire on about 63° N, which is equivalent to a few hundred kilometers north of Helsinki.
EMteON4.png

A small difference like that messes the entire model up, so idk what use this was intended for, but I would disregard it entirely. Silly Radagast

As much as I know there are discrepancies, as of right now it works in the sense we are basing it off something which we all have access to. I have yet to do research in such things in order to make a more lore accurate model but for all intents and purposes I think it can be used in the general sense of the way the wind is going.

I recognize these diagrams from the famous paper 'The Climate of Middle-earth' by 'Radagast the Brown'. I must say however, that that source is utter nonsense. Even though it was written by someone from the Bristol university. Even though he probably knows more about climate models than anyone else, he knows nothing about the lore of Middle-earth, which makes the source unreliable. A quick example, Tolkien mentioned that the Shire was located on the latitude of the Oxfordshire:
QpwUg3c.png

Mr Radagast the Brown randomly located the Shire on about 63° N, which is equivalent to a few hundred kilometers north of Helsinki.
EMteON4.png

A small difference like that messes the entire model up, so idk what use this was intended for, but I would disregard it entirely. Silly Radagast

OOF'd