• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

More repair efforts on Rammas Echor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will_Slams

Worthy of Mordor
Credits
XP
I may get hit by a torrent of lore telling me the date is off, but I was thinking it may be cool to add more in-progress repair efforts on Rammas Echor.

I haven't been able to find a specific date on which Denethor II started to repair the Rammas Echor, but from the LOTR Wikia:
First built after the fall of Minas Ithil, the wall was repaired prior to the War of the Ring by Denethor II, the work being completed only a few days before the Witch-king of Angmar attacked.
And since we already have repairs ongoing at Forannest...

@wodleth ?

Just via common sense, if the repairs were just being finished a few days before the siege began, I don't think they would have been started a solid 17 years prior. (Unless Gondor followed the timetable of my state's department of transportation, anyway...) But there are multiple locations on the server where we've bent the date a bit for the sake of putting in something cool or notable, and it might be fun to have a few more spots being worked on.

While we're talking about the Rammas Echor, I will bring this up again.

The Causeway Forts are still unfinished. The two towers are lacking interiors and the portcullis does not have any type of mechanism, which we seem to pride ourselves on bothering to include. If you're not going to fix it at least block off the spaces for doors into the tower so people don't go look and see the ugliness within (by which i mean grass blocks).

Also the Causeway isn't really a causeway but that's a different story and a harder fix.

While we're talking about the Rammas Echor, I will bring this up again.

The Causeway Forts are still unfinished. The two towers are lacking interiors and the portcullis does not have any type of mechanism, which we seem to pride ourselves on bothering to include. If you're not going to fix it at least block off the spaces for doors into the tower so people don't go look and see the ugliness within (by which i mean grass blocks).

Also the Causeway isn't really a causeway but that's a different story and a harder fix.
Because I love you so much I made an interior for the towers as well as a portcullis mechanism. Thanks for pointing it out :)

i just wanna point out that forannest was the LAST section to be repaired. honestly, it should be the most ruined section of the entire wall.....

Yes darling?

Ohh umhh yeah rammas echor.. According to lore when Denethor came to power he promised to repair the wall. But he finished repairs a year before the war of the ring broke out. That is 15 years +/- after Bilbo's Partey. So if you guys want to add a couple of repair operations that's fine with me just don't go overboard with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.