• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Moria and stuff

Despot666

Hardcore MCME-er
Commoner
Credits
XP
[April fools]
Lore:
So, uhm, yea. We had some beer today with other staff pplz and we thought: hey why don't we do something useful and good for once? And that's when epic idea appeared: lets rework whole ma..... Wait, wrong one: let's rebuild Moria! Yey!

Project leaders: None atm, noone crazy enough. Or sober. Or both.

Important note: there are few point's we need to address before we start:
1. We decided to build Moria under existing mountains. You know, immersion and stuff.
2. Because of space limitations we will have only 1 bigass-epic-movie hall with many pillars. Who reads book anyway?
3. Chamber of records will be inside that hall. With no walls. And no records.
4. Because of recent renovation failure bridge of khazad-dum won't be made. You know, it was kinda critical one.
5. Our Moria won't be destroyed. We are pacifists and we decided that Dwarves and Goblins live in peace. Balrog is on lifetime holidays too.
6. Our budget is running short - everything will be made out of dirt.
7. We consider adding monthly subscription fee for everyone wanting to see this future masterpiece.
8. We might add some small halls later, as DLC content.
9. Everythign will be dug by hand.
10. We will use vanilla Resource Pack.
11. Project starts as soon as we finish Harad, Rhun and Numenor.

So uhm, that's it. Because this is small, simple project and i am too lazy there is no map. And no promo. And no FAQ.
[April fools]

Last edited:
Lore: So, uhm, yea. We had some beer today with other staff pplz and we thought: hey why don't we do something useful and good for once? And that's when epic idea appeared: lets rework whole ma..... Wait, wrong one: let's rebuild Moria! Yey!

Project leaders: None atm, noone crazy enough. Or sober. Or both.

Important note: there are few point's we need to address before we start:
1. We decided to build Moria under existing mountains. You know, immersion and stuff.
2. Because of space limitations we will have only 1 bigass-epic-movie hall with many pillars. Who reads book anyway?
3. Chamber of records will be inside that hall. With no walls. And no records.
4. Because of recent renovation failure bridge of khazad-dum won't be made. You know, it was kinda critical one.
5. Our Moria won't be destroyed. We are pacifists and we decided that Dwarves and Goblins live in peace. Balrog is on lifetime holidays too.
6. Our budget is running short - everything will be made out of dirt.
7. We consider adding monthly subscription fee for everyone wanting to see this future masterpiece.
8. We might add some small halls later, as DLC content.
9. Everythign will be dug by hand.
10. We will use vanilla Resource Pack.
11. Project starts as soon as we finish Harad, Rhun and Numenor.

So uhm, that's it. Because this is small, simple project and i am too lazy there is no map. And no promo. And no FAQ.
I'm afraid that Aule has declared a stop-work order until improvements are made. Sorry mates, but until you meet his....errr....678 page long list of requirements, the project can't begin.

Let's start with number one, shall we? Let's see.....One: Give the dwarves some hot tubs......

(Also, is it already April Fools for you? Because in America, we are still in the Month of March. :))

Guys just because Despot is lazy and to big of a troll to write a decent post about this project doesn't mean we are not serious. Haven't you guys read the spoilers in the times for the last couple of weeks? I mean we have been planning this for a while. And I never denied @Fornad post where he said #Moriarevamp2015.
Well its not gonna be a revamp because that would mean we would have to work on the old map again. But since the old one does not fit under the new mountains we will have to cut some halls and make some other sacrifices. I know we all want an epic Moria but with the scale of the current map it will just have to be a tad smaller.
More information will follow and I will slap Despot to get him to make an official post (he must have been tired yesterday)

Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Moria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! New one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys just because Despot is lazy and to big of a troll to write a decent post about this project doesn't mean we are not serious. Haven't you guys read the spoilers in the times for the last couple of weeks? I mean we have been planning this for a while. And I never denied @Fornad post where he said #Moriarevamp2015.
Well its not gonna be a revamp because that would mean we would have to work on the old map again. But since the old one does not fit under the new mountains we will have to cut some halls and make some other sacrifices. I know we all want an epic Moria but with the scale of the current map it will just have to be a tad smaller.
More information will follow and I will slap Despot to get him to make an official post (he must have been tired yesterday)
And what about the Moria-on-an-other-world project ?

And what about the Moria-on-an-other-world project ?
We have decided against that, yesterday evening we had a really long meeting about moria, multiple reasons lead to that:
- It'd come with many technical challenges, as we really want to give it the "right" feeling when you enter it, and a teleport to another world would have to be done manually and thus is not any better than old moria atm, or it would require an entire new plugin, and as even with that it would not be seamless, we didnt want to bother our devs with it.
- Even though we would have more height space, it would still be far not enough to make it lore accurate (7 levels and 7 deeps). Thus we'll focus on the most important parts given in the book, and that is big hall and long corridors.
- It would go against our "silent" principle that we want our main creation, so Entire ME, on the same map.

Wale+Bait.png

Okay let's be honest here. This is just smoke cover. In reality we are going to REMOVE Moria and place big Goblin and Dwarven Theme park in that place. This is our goal here that we wanted to reveal later. You got it now. For free. Next news wil require subscription.

This is the truth.

Well, we once had a Balrog TB, and regarding the outstanding submissions we decided to get one of those, our favorite so far:
5buYaLx.png

It probably wont fit into Moria, so it will just be somewhere else, we're not sure yet where though.
we need a new netherrack statue, we cannot let the legend die.