• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Moria layout/progress map suggestion

vonfrank42

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
The recently released pictures of Moria in this weeks' MCME Times look amazing. I didn't even know that much work had been completed yet. This makes me wonder how many other members of the community and visitors to the server are unaware of Moria's progress so far. Perhaps there can be some way to better show off the layout and progress as it is made?

Back with the old Moria, the amazing Pheonixsang made this map:
7LYOJHZ.png

If there was something similar for the new Moria, the different sections and chambers could be marked off as they are completed or being worked on, allowing for an easier way to find and view the progress. I know the new Moria is split across 3 layers and is much more complex than the old version, so the map would be harder to create, but it would be worth it in my opinion. I'm also aware of the freebuild layout, but that doesnt show what areas have been completed.

An overall map posted on the forums somewhere that is updated regularly would be perfect. I'm sure the staff have layouts of some kind other than the freebuild model (please correct me if I'm wrong on that assumption) so perhaps it wont be to much extra work to put such a map together?

Just throwing this idea out there. If there is another option, please bring it up!

I'm not sure how that would work, as there's a lot more "height" to Moria (i.e. more halls above other halls). I think that it'd be difficult to make and update.

I'm not sure how that would work, as there's a lot more "height" to Moria (i.e. more halls above other halls). I think that it'd be difficult to make and update.

Well, like I said, I'm aware that this Moria is significantly more complex than the previous one. And within the 3 main levels, there are several other levels of chambers stacked on other chambers, so it would probably require up to a dozen different map layers to accomplish.

But I figure that this would not only be beneficial during the project, but after it is finished as well. The map(s) can be improved and expanded as we go, until we have a complete, accurate, and to-scale map of the entire mine system once Moria is done. It can stand as a reference guide, and a way to show off how complex and expansive the build actually is.

The staff actually do not have another layout or map of any kind. I would think someone might make a map when it's done, but it would take significantly more work to update it regularly. I think it would be easier if @Despot666 and @Finrod_Amandil kept a list of finished halls on the forums. This would be very easy to update, and it would tell you how much progress has been made.

I have made a map of new moria but i haven't updated it in a while. It's not very hard to update but I need to load it with my minimap in game (I need to know where there is progress) and then add it to my map. After that I need to post it somewhere on the forums.

I have made a map of new moria but i haven't updated it in a while. It's not very hard to update but I need to load it with my minimap in game (I need to know where there is progress) and then add it to my map. After that I need to post it somewhere on the forums.
Are you (or will you be) able to see the multiple layers?

You could just do something like this @vonfrank42

I used it as a base for designing the moria on another server that shall remain nameless. Quick note though, it only has 8 levels on it, so its not a complete map, a complete map would have 14 levels.

Thanks for the shoutout tho :3