• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Moria - Stage 2: Idea collecting and fine planning

A good deal of that was hyperbole on my part, sorry. I did sort of mean there would definitely be an odd imbalance in class structure in the amount of large to normal homes, and I don't think small homes would make any sense as part of a little of the clan idea. Trying to keep the ideas rolling. Don't think the green ones thought of absolutely everything, throw whatever you have out their folks.

@Antimattergizmo I'm slightly confused by your wording.
I don't think small homes would make any sense as part of a little of the clan idea
Are you saying you do or don't think there would be small homes?

Also with the preceding clause to that one, size and class are not necessarily linked. Part of it is aesthetics from an out-of-world perspective, part of it is that I think the dwarves wouldn't only carve/build big structures. Note however that in my arguments I am magnifying everything. Compare to Dol Amroth, for example: a small moria house would be like the normal or maybe even rich housing not the little ones at the docks. Mansion-y houses could be like 3 rich houses put together.

Ah, so we had our equal thoughts, just unequal verbage. I agree and meant exactly that in my way. I was saying in comparison to the average houses around the land. Unfortunately I do not possess the reading sources to extend my knowledge of this particular race past the details in literary sense (as in the tales) to that of dissertation sense (that of the history of middle earth chronicles). I frankly don't have much to contribute, and regret my excess posting. I will try to not clog the thread with ignorance until I can really dig into understanding and it wouldn't help to know anything about building either ;)

I hope more come back to work on this. Maybe we should contact fawkes, homie, aando, nightdusk, ryan, shmatt, bevs, maro, SM, bobo, dev, ruben, stokie, and any other player I forgot. An mcme reunion build day. With beer. And a channel lock where needed. And comfy couches.

I hope more come back to work on this. Maybe we should contact fawkes, homie, aando, nightdusk, ryan, shmatt, bevs, maro, SM, bobo, dev, ruben, stokie, and any other player I forgot. An mcme reunion build day. With beer. And a channel lock where needed. And comfy couches.
Its about Moria, the couch will be made of stone, sorry for that.

The idea is that as soon as most of the halls and corridors got cut out from the massive stone world we work in, we will hand out the halls to be made by anyone as a Freebuild, similar to house Freebuilds for towns.
However this is also dependent on firstly the completion of Gondor aswell as that we project staff should have had the time to get familiar and comfortable with the new pack so that we can assemble some guidelines to the Freebuilds.

I believe there was some discussion a while ago of putting an alternate entrance somewhere in what was Section 4 of the Mountains of Moria. Have you guys thought about this yet?

I believe there was some discussion a while ago of putting an alternate entrance somewhere in what was Section 4 of the Mountains of Moria. Have you guys thought about this yet?
In that river valley north of Lothlorien? Sounds cool. Although, it would have to be really well hidden or something, if no-one ever mentioned it in the books.

In that river valley north of Lothlorien? Sounds cool. Although, it would have to be really well hidden or something, if no-one ever mentioned it in the books.
We have not discussed again about it, and havent planned adding it (yet). It may be a nice addition one most other things are done, think we could add that rather spontanously, may also depend on how well and flexible the teleporting stuff will be.

Do you mean this gate is the one that Aragorn, Boromirr, Legolas, Gimly, Frodo, Sam, Pipinn, and Merry(in other words the whole fellowship except Gandalf) were chased out of by Orcs in the "Fellowship"?

Do you mean this gate is the one that Aragorn, Boromirr, Legolas, Gimly, Frodo, Sam, Pipinn, and Merry(in other words the whole fellowship except Gandalf) were chased out of by Orcs in the "Fellowship"?
No, that was the East Gate. This one would be in a totally separate valley.

EDIT: Oops, sorry for repetitive post, Indo.