• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Moria - Stage 2: Idea collecting and fine planning

In the Middle Ages, meat was extremely expensive; it was so expensive that only the nobility could afford it. Therefore, I don't think it would be logical to raise pigs as the main source of food. In fact, since Gimli must have been some type of nobility (he was a direct descendant of Durin) he probably ate meat all the time. He may have even been showing off his status to the rest of the Fellowship by talking about meat.
Actually, the whole Fellowship belongs to nobility, except Sam and Frodo (and even Frodo belongs to haute bourgeoisie) :p .

since khazad dum (as the lore said) was closed to everyone after the fall of eregion.
Closed at West, nothing is said about East ;) .

It is written that the only time the dwarfs actually went out from the city after the fall of the eregion was for the last alliance

@Despot666 I would personally trade detail for flooded chambers, idk about the rest of the community. In any case the stuff above the waterline would still be detailed if the room wasn't completely flooded.

Reactions: B_n
I would personally trade detail for flooded chambers, idk about the rest of the community. In any case the stuff above the waterline would still be detailed if the room wasn't completely flooded.

this would also make sense with the water flow (no matter how little there is) eroding the details and sharp edges of building and so on.

@Despot666 I would personally trade detail for flooded chambers, idk about the rest of the community. In any case the stuff above the waterline would still be detailed if the room wasn't completely flooded.
This is definitely a necessary effect in my opinion, we need at least one flooded chamber (hopefully more though). And to be honest, very few people are going to take the time to dive into the water and inspect every detail.

Why did you not use the 3 mountains mural for the last mural section of the 2nd Hall? Could have been used with the rune mural bottom (crown and anvil symbol) instead of the corridor entrance. I think it would look better, plus it wouldn't bee necessary to remove the black part of the upper part of the penultimate mural section.

Also, I don't think the apparent endless stair mural looks good. It's too wide and I don't see logic behind the fact that the endless stair is represented and not the other underground parts of the Moria.

The under construction mural looks amazing, but I think that such an old part of Khazad-dûm would have been finished for centuries.

Why did you not use the 3 mountains mural for the last mural section of the 2nd Hall? Could have been used with the rune mural bottom (crown and anvil symbol) instead of the corridor entrance. I think it would look better, plus it wouldn't bee necessary to remove the black part of the upper part of the penultimate mural section.

Also, I don't think the apparent endless stair mural looks good. It's too wide and I don't see logic behind the fact that the endless stair is represented and not the other underground parts of the Moria.

The under construction mural looks amazing, but I think that such an old part of Khazad-dûm would have been finished for centuries.
the *WEST* end of the hall will be bigger and better and more specialer and more colorfulerer and cool
the other murals include a mining scene (scaffolds to reach the roof of the cave), dwarven tools etc (that is an axe), and something TBD

your tendency to criticize and critique unfinished work is irksome

Last edited:
I'm not speaking about the East end.

And what is the axe? What is the mining scene?

Sorry if you feel irrited, but that looks quite finished to me. And btw, I'm currently not posting a HUGE amount of derps I found especially because of people like you who can't figure I do that only to improve the quality of the server, not to be mean to anyone. That, is pretty irksome.

Last edited:
the east end of the hall will be bigger and better and more specialer and more colorfulerer and cool
the other murals include a mining scene (scaffolds to reach the roof of the cave), dwarven tools etc (that is an axe), and something TBD

your tendency to criticize and critique unfinished work is irksome
No need to get so worked up about it....Bombur was simply expressing his opinion about a project detail.....just because it's WIP doesn't mean people might not have concerns about it.