• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Musicians Thread

My baby is a Selmer Bach Stradivarius Model 37. Been playing it since 1992. Original case. Lacquer is due for its first dip since then and has a couple "dings" that add personality. If you're looking for a professional horn to take between concert and jazz modes, this is it. It can have a completely velvet sound and then turn on the bright brass as needed.

Mouthpieces are the standard VB 7C that I really don't use anymore, VB 3C which has been my de facto mouthpiece for a couple decades now, and my Kanstul CG3 (Claude Gordon) when I need to attempt to reach Maynard Ferguson stratospheric notes--and almost pass out coming back down. It's a pretty shallow cup that took me awhile to get used to. My general rule of headache thumb is if I need to cross above C7, I switch to the CG3. The thicker rim of the VB 3C has allowed me to play comfortably above the staff in Jazz due to the slight airflow changes, but when you start talking above that, geez... ow.

If you look closely, you can see an Ewok (Lumat) in the pocket on the lower left. He's been in that case since 1992 as well. Also, for you brass players, do yourself a favor and ditch whatever valve/slide oil you're using currently. Switch to Blue Juice. Two drops per valve (in my case) and you're good. Don't put it on the slides that aren't supposed to move though. ;-) I use it on my 1st and 3rd valve slides as well.

BmpbrFug.jpg

My other "children" I don't have pictures of are:

Strings:
1991 Acoustic Electric Fender Montara (California edition) - Black
2001 Fender American Fat Strat (love the humbucker at the bridge--great sound) - Ridiculously beautiful deep purple
1978 Gretsch Committee Model 7629 (still with original pickups) - Walnut
2010 Cordoba 20CM Concert Ukelele - I recently picked this guy up. It's a lot of fun and has a great Uke sound.

Piano:
2006 Yamaha YPG-625 (hammered action [feels like real piano -- love it!])
1976 Baldwin Spinet (pull-type action, not push -- annoying, but I got it for free, so I can't complain)

...and a Clarke Tinwhistle I was given a couple years ago. I love that thing!

One of these days I'm going to pick up a nice Flugelhorn. I've always enjoyed playing them. I'm also trying to convince my mother to let me take the violins she has at her house--under the couch--that we haven't played in ages.

Last edited: