• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

muzzman256

ItzNkola

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
ARTIST APPLICATION:

DATE JOINED:

Now I am unsure of the exact date of which I joined the server but I'd say it was around the time of July-August 2015. I know I haven't exactly been on the server for a long amount of time due to me taking a break from Minecraft for a few months, but now I'm back and more eager to help than ever! :)

JOBS:

I've participated in a few small jobs since I've been on the server, but there were nothing impressive. They were basically just removing a few odd blocks here and there. I will be on the lookout for jobs I can help with, and I hope this doesn't affect my chances too much.

BUILDS:

You can find all my screenshots here:

Please note that some of these builds are W.I.P.

STYLE INTERESTS:

I enjoy building In a wide variety of styles. But if I had to choose a style from LOTR, It would have to be elven. When I'm just casual building however, I build a lot of fantasy, as I love all of the organics, shapes and colors that you can come up with. I feel as if it would be fun to try all the different styles on the server and I would enjoy being put out of my comfort zone and to be given a real challenge.

MOTIVATION:

I saw the Lord of the Rings movie's when I was little. I became quite obsessed and would run around the house for hours, playing out these little scenarios and battle's with my little toy sword like I was actually there. When I was a little bit older I got Minecraft. I wasn't as obsessed with the franchise as my younger self was but I would still sometimes give in, and when no one was looking, I would fight off a horde of uruk-hai.

After a few weeks of playing minecraft, I stumbled across a video. It showcased the server and all the builds at the time. My jaw hit the floor. I think at the time the server was whitelisted, and my younger self had no clue what that meant or how to apply to get on, so I left my shattered dreams of building a hobbit hole, and watched more videos showcasing the server. Untill now :).

So that's really why I'd like to become an artist. I still have that little kid inside of me that wants to help the world of LOTR to come to life in minecraft, and I hope that I hope I've done enough to be accepted :D

Thanks! - muzzman256

Thank you for your application! Here's a bit of feedback;

1. Your sculpting skills are quite impressive, especially shown in the 2nd picture.
2. The final few pics showing the building facades are extremely impressive, the amount of detail and the size is fantastic. It must be noted, however, that although this is great work, your abilities as a builder with our texture pack and our building styles are very important, but your demonstration above probably means you will catch on very easily to our ways of building. I would try making a few Themed Builds as well, here's a link explaining them: #13/16 - Temple of Morgoth This themed build started quite recently.

As a final note, keep in mind that behavior and activity are just as important as being able to build well!

If you have any particular questions, feel free to pm me whenever, I should get back to you within two days.

Last edited:
Also thanks for your application from my side! Technically Themed Builds are no longer a requirement to get Artist, but I strongly recommend it. Your love for fantasy-styles is more than clear with your pics, however when it comes to Middle-earth you will find out that only very little is "surreal" and most of it behaves like in a real environment, so it is an important aspect of being an MCME Artist to regard realism and e.g. know how to erect a credible looking build subjected to actual physics, or to furnish a house with what a regular human needs to live a normal live. Also, as said by bender, you should take some exercise with our Resource Packs.

Thank you for your application! Here's a bit of feedback;

1. Your sculpting skills are quite impressive, especially shown in the 2nd picture.
2. The final few pics showing the building facades are extremely impressive, the amount of detail and the size is fantastic. It must be noted, however, that although this is great work, your abilities as a builder with our texture pack and our building styles are very important, but your demonstration above probably means you will catch on very easily to our ways of building. I would try making a few Themed Builds as well, here's a link explaining them: #13/16 - Temple of Morgoth This themed build started quite recently.

As a final note, keep in mind that behavior and activity are just as important as being able to build well!

If you have any particular questions, feel free to pm me whenever, I should get back to you within two days.
Also thanks for your application from my side! Technically Themed Builds are no longer a requirement to get Artist, but I strongly recommend it. Your love for fantasy-styles is more than clear with your pics, however when it comes to Middle-earth you will find out that only very little is "surreal" and most of it behaves like in a real environment, so it is an important aspect of being an MCME Artist to regard realism and e.g. know how to erect a credible looking build subjected to actual physics, or to furnish a house with what a regular human needs to live a normal live. Also, as said by bender, you should take some exercise with our Resource Packs.

Thanks for the feedback! :D

Lovely build style. As the people above said try having a go with our resource pack. But from what I can tell you can build. I'm not to worried about whether or not you will be able to build realistic. Some people find natural or surrealistic allot harder then realistic. Consider yourself on the watch list. Keep up the build don't be stranger to the people on mcme and hit me up when you are building something with our resource pack.