• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

My project : The Lord Of the crafts

Simonay

Dirt Conaisseur
Credits
XP
I should mention I speak French but not English properly ^^

Hello to you !
I come here to present my project is to remake the film Lord of the Rings on your server, and your map. I decided to realize this project because I am a big fan of Tolkien and also Minecraft, it would be an honor to his stories still survive in a framework which he certainly does not wait! Your map will be very useful to me for some scene from the movie ! If you accept, it will do great pleasure for me and the Francophone community! I will claim that the gamemode creative or to bring up the animals (horses useful).
If I could express myself in my own language, I would have surely been more precise and correct!
Many greetings :) !

Sounds great, if you can get a staff member to spawn the animals you want to use that is, entities are not allowed on the server, if you donate you may be able to use horses but all you actors will need them. I might suggest that you film it on a personal server surrounded by green screen like blocks and lay in our map where needed. Best of luck, you English is fine as well.

Yes, you're right, it would be better to film the scenes with animals on a private server! And to film rather visual scenes with actors without mounts (as Moria, the misty mountains, the Argonath, Anduin, Lothlórien and others ...)

some shots (like seeing the beacons on the mountains lightiong on) may take a very long render distance so it would be great to use the other server with the longer render distance

Yeah, I think it's best if you send a pm to @Finrod_Amandil so he can ask around on the server. Also, not a lot of frenchies here but you're english is more than enough to communicate so no worries.

If this really gets a lot of recognition and interest, you might be able to use the cinematic server for filming. Just a thought, don't quote me on that.

Last edited:
If this really gets a lot of recognition and interest, you might be able to use the cinematic server for filming. Just a thought, don't quote me on that.
I don't know how good it would be for filming. You can take cool far rendered shots, but fps drops to like 10. Besides that, the limit is set to 2 people - evidently the server can't handle that many people.

However, the cinematic server would be good for sweeping shots of the scene, with no characters in it.

I don't know how good it would be for filming. You can take cool far rendered shots, but fps drops to like 10. Besides that, the limit is set to 2 people - evidently the server can't handle that many people.

However, the cinematic server would be good for sweeping shots of the scene, with no characters in it.
I did record stuff for cinematics on there :p